Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 20, 2008, 7:25 PM   #1

I was wondering if some of you fine people might be able to give me some C&C on this recent photo. The settings used were F4.5, 1/400 ss, ISO 320, spot metering, and the lens of choice was a 18-70 kit lens.

StoneAge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:17 AM   #2

Now you know you can never say anything about a presious baby shot...Good or bad...This is a great shot SA....Good colors, good focus, cute smile and yes, the fingers....:O The only thing I would think about doing is edit out the cheese-it's or
what ever from the babys mouth...You can call it an action shot and leave the food, but being orange, I noticed this and once you see it, it's kinda hard to ignore...
Other than that....Great memory shot...
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:14 AM   #3

but whatever, nice shot for the baby. haha...
weing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 1:07 AM   #4

The shot is good but has a reddish tone to it.

I did a bit of PP. Hope you don't mind.
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:03 PM   #5

No, i dont mind at all. Thanks everyone for their comments. Moments of very young children like my cousin here dont come along often. So any advice to help me capture these moments in greatly appreciated.
StoneAge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2008, 9:27 PM   #6

It's a nice shoot. I didn't see anything bad at all. And the baby is so cute. Is that your baby? If you don't mind me asking... But really, it's a good shoot. Not just good but great!

cutie_tech123
Don't waste money on Printer Ink. Save up to 65% on toner cartridges, ink cartridges and printer supplies.
http://www.concordsupplies.com
:|
cutie_tech123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 4:33 AM   #7

Lovely shot, good edit, maybe some softening on these kind of shots

with filters or in PP edit .............musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 10:39 AM   #8

Hey that's acute baby : )Alas, both my children are now out of range of being babies!!

Almost a candid shot, which is greatI often use (slow sync.) fill flash for such portrait shots tobe able to domore justice to the subject,a healtier skin tone,etc. You seem to have used some other light source here since it says 'no' in the exif for the use of flash.

Anyway, I found the dark backgrounddevouring the shape ofbaby's head while the blown areason the baby's dressas well as the stark blue of the seat distracting from the subject. I also applied some warming filter to sooth the atmosphere and a livelier skin tone and did a little cropping. Ah, not a day and night difference though, there's still the same cute baby :-)
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 12:57 PM   #9

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Hey that's acute baby : )Alas, both my children are now out of range of being babies!!

Almost a candid shot, which is greatI often use (slow sync.) fill flash for such portrait shots tobe able to domore justice to the subject,a healtier skin tone,etc. You seem to have used some other light source here since it says 'no' in the exif for the use of flash.

Anyway, I found the dark backgrounddevouring the shape ofbaby's head while the blown areason the baby's dressas well as the stark blue of the seat distracting from the subject. I also applied some warming filter to sooth the atmosphere and a livelier skin tone and did a little cropping. Ah, not a day and night difference though, there's still the same cute baby :-)
Cool ...very good edit in PP I wondered about a B&W background and from your edit got this........musket.
Attached Images

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 1:31 PM   #10

musket wrote:
Quote:
Cool ...very good edit in PP I wondered about a B&W background and from your edit got this........musket.
Thanks my friend! Now with this b&w background you seem to have completed my sketchy jobAh, all for the cute baby : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote