Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:56 PM   #1

A few pictures from my step daughters wedding this weekend.

HOBO_sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:19 AM   #2

Robin's Egg! Great color for spring, and great color for photos!
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 7:43 AM   #3

Sorry but Bloody rubbish!! it's clear that you where shooting what the official pro photog was shooting!!. I tried to create a feature from the little bidesmaid/ maid of honour, who, it is clear isn't enjoying the affair"!! but the shots are too soft to enlarge!!! This is Not to put you down!!,you have a wonderful tool to use! and #4 shows you have some artistic merit (under exposed, but there!). I know this was more an event to enjoy, so why waste time getting the same shots as the Pro?, you would have added to the scene by shooting your ownfamily candids!! (i Know! i did exactley the same a few years ago). Please keep shooting and posting as this is how we all improve!. Kind regards Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 5:29 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Please forgive Graham for his opening statement I'm sure it sounded a lot more harsh than intended.

It's always hard being at a wedding knowing what to shoot and often shooting the posed shots by the pro is not the best as people will mainly looking at the pro.... also when I'm shooting the main group shots I will ensure no one else is shooting as you get people looking in many directions which is not good when they are paying you to be there.

When shooting a wedding I usually shoot many candid shots as well as the posed/formal ones as these help capture the atmosphere of the day and these are the ones easiest to get by guests of the day. Here are a couple of candids froma recent wedding to hopefully inspire you for next time.
Attached Images

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 5:34 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Attached Images

Old May 16, 2008, 5:40 PM   #6

Excellent advice Mark, as I'm sure there are a lot of us here on this forum that'll likely be in similar situations.
Rileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 5:42 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Last one
Attached Images

Old May 16, 2008, 5:48 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Rileigh wrote:
Quote:
Excellent advice Mark, as I'm sure there are a lot of us here on this forum that'll likely be in similar situations.
Thanks..... and I would say as a guest you can often get more interesting shots than the pro. This sort of thing for example I would not usually have expected to get apart from I was a friend of the brides brother so got the job that way and so people were a little more relaxed around me (this is his other brother and the two of them were in the photo above).
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 12:18 PM   #9

bluesman graham wrote:
Quote:
Sorry but Bloody rubbish!! it's clear that you where shooting what the official pro photog was shooting!!. I tried to create a feature from the little bidesmaid/ maid of honour, who, it is clear isn't enjoying the affair"!! but the shots are too soft to enlarge!!! This is Not to put you down!!,you have a wonderful tool to use! and #4 shows you have some artistic merit (under exposed, but there!). I know this was more an event to enjoy, so why waste time getting the same shots as the Pro?, you would have added to the scene by shooting your ownfamily candids!! (i Know! i did exactley the same a few years ago). Please keep shooting and posting as this is how we all improve!. Kind regards Graham
Geez Graham... why not just bodyslam the guy and roll him under the buss. then run over him a couple times! not to put you down or anything.

Hobo
I think your daughter looks beautyful! the flower girl really made me laugh, when they're that agd they don't mind showing exactly how they feel about a situation.:lol:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 4:38 PM   #10

Goldwinger your right i wasWAYYY too harsh!, I judged the pics on my present ability (watch out for my big head) LOL, and hadforgoten what it takes to post one's Pics on such a forum, So Sorry HOBO_sm, please keep posting, Kind regards Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote