Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 4, 2008, 5:45 PM   #1

''Whoever could make two ears of corn or two blades of grass to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before, would deserve better of mankind, and do more essential service to his country, than the whole race of politicians put together.''

Jonathan Swift, Gulliver's Travels.

As the image below suggested me at the time of shooting, now on this day, after the first of May, I strongly feel how blessed are the hands that work and produce...and how unworthy are the ones that tend to despise and trample them!

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2008, 5:00 AM   #2

...therecould be more troubleddays ahead whenmore and more people have to return home with emptypots :!:
Attached Images

Old May 5, 2008, 12:20 PM   #3

The little girl looks very down hearted, but never a truer word spoken.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 7:31 PM   #4

alex james wrote:
Quote:
The little girl looks very down hearted, but never a truer word spoken.

Dear Alex, thank you forthe kind feedback reflecting your sensitivity...She was one of the lucky ones that day who could benefit from the aid at least to be able to cover the bottom of the pots she was holding!

My deepest concernisabout some economic system whichstays strong (even getting stronger!)paradoxicallly by the very poverty it producesthanks to theso called extensive aid programs peoplehave beenaddictedto, convertible into votes in elections Ahhh, for the few ones who can remember the false promises, there's the adviceby Machiavellito theprinceregarding the use of police force

Hope you also liked the HDR picture at the top!

Old May 10, 2008, 4:13 AM   #5

The concerned look on the old mans face as well as the young girl stands out to me. It conveys a deep sense of hope beyond the despair of the present situation.

The first one looks fantastic. Only thing that seems to distract is that it seems that there is some dust on the sensor.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 7:10 AM   #6

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
The concerned look on the old mans face as well as the young girl stands out to me. It conveys a deep sense of hope beyond the despair of the present situation.

The first one looks fantastic. Only thing that seems to distract is that it seems that there is some dust on the sensor.

Mahalo,

Tom

Dear Tom, I am happy to read these words from you as a empathetic observerEh, after all, the subject mattermay not beglobally admired ; )

Actually I shot #2 during a daily meal aid held by some domestic organization from which people in need from different nations, especially emigrants or refugeesas well assome locals benefit from.

As for the introductiory picture (#1) youalso liked, which is a 5 shot HDR, isone ofthe favourites in my archive : )

Btw, thanks for warning me about the dust on the sensor! Not changing the lens often, I though I would not experience it, at least, before one year. Anyway, I activated the dust removal feature in the menu for every time the camera on option, and after some cycles, the particles have been shaken off

Cheers,

Bahadır

Old May 11, 2008, 4:14 PM   #7

Yes I do like the hdr, its not over done.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 2:13 AM   #8

Thank you, Alex!That'sone of my lucky attemps in HDR whichrequired a few simple Tone Mapping arrangements only rather thana painstaking procedure :-)