Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 17, 2008, 11:58 PM   #11

All the shots are wonderful captures andthe editing blendedwell to make a perfect set ofpictures.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 6:20 AM   #12

Great shots, good colour and clarity, I'm not keen on

the motion blur and ghosting around the subjects

in #1 and #2 though.....................................m usket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 1:00 PM   #13

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
All the shots are wonderful captures andthe editing blendedwell to make a perfect set ofpictures.
Dear Craig, I'm happy to have conveyed my impressionsthere decent enough to receive your kind comment : )

.................................................. ........

Musket wrote:
Quote:
Great shots, good colour and clarity, I'm not keen on

the motion blur and ghosting around the subjects

in #1 and #2 though.....................................m usket
Thank you for your esteemed feedback, my friend!

Ithink I owe the colour and clarity to shooting RAW.Oh, Icouldhave bungled without these strong and faithful colours:-)

Actually, the ghosting side effect of the motion blurr alsoconcerned me here somehow. However, I wanted to readthe opinions first. Probably I'dnot have applied anything if the the limited 1/180'' range of the sync. flash had allowed me some shallallower DOF than f/8! But then you'dperhaps dislikeconcrete blocks and artifacts at the background even more, imo, without 'the lesser of two evils' motion blurr:?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:16 AM   #14

Ah yes these are spectacular shots, and really good motion blur, also the costumes do resemble the ones we wear here, #7 really looks like the costumes worn pretty much everyday in Crete, just as an example sorry my friend for posting this in your thread but just to give you an idea this was taken a few years ago of my kids, click on thumbnail,

hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:19 PM   #15

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Ah yes these are spectacular shots, and really good motion blur, also the costumes do resemble the ones we wear here, #7 really looks like the costumes worn pretty much everyday in Crete, just as an example sorry my friend for posting this in your thread but just to give you an idea this was taken a few years ago of my kids, click on thumbnail,
Arkadaş, thank you so muchfor the feedback! Oh, you're really very politebut why should you be sorry for posting the picture, which I rememberso well : ) Btw, was it really a few years ago?? :roll:The folklore costumes in picture #7 belongs to the city of Artvinwhich is about 1600 km tothe north east from where I live,at theCaucasian border of Anatolia!Having dealt with history, Idon't getastonishedmuch by anything :-)Btw, Iplayed Artvin folklore games at primary school folklore team, so I wore the verycostumealmost thirty years ago
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:17 AM   #16

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Arkadaş, thank you so muchfor the feedback! Oh, you're really very politebut why should you be sorry for posting the picture, which I rememberso well : ) Btw, was it really a few years ago?? :roll:The folklore costumes in picture #7 belongs to the city of Artvinwhich is about 1600 km tothe north east from where I live,at theCaucasian border of Anatolia!Having dealt with history, Idon't getastonishedmuch by anything :-)Btw, Iplayed Artvin folklore games at primary school folklore team, so I wore the verycostumealmost thirty years ago
Yes i also remember wearing a Τσολια costume like my son about that long ago 30yrs ago or so:G yes that picture was taken in 2005 my oldest daughter is 16 now funny how time flies, oh well
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:33 AM   #17

I think #1 has to be my favorite, but they are all absolutely beautiful. I am amazed by the detail and vibrant color on all of them. Well Done!
mdparker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:14 AM   #18

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Yes i also remember wearing a Τσολια costume like my son about that long ago 30yrs ago or so:G yes that picture was taken in 2005 my oldest daughter is 16 now funny how time flies, oh well
I see... thewarrior's costume - if that's the phrase-in folklore varies greatly in Anatolia from region to region. So, I gather that'Τσολια' isthemenifestation in theadjacentGreek peninsula.

Ah,about how time flies,you're ightarkadaş! ...was it not inTimon ofAthens by Shakespeare saying '...time is a trap' ??!!

mdparker04wrote:

Quote:
I think #1 has to be my favorite, but they are all absolutely beautiful. I am amazed by the detail and vibrant color on all of them. Well Done!
Thank you for providing your kind feedback : )

I, too , was pleased about the outputs as soon as I converted them from raw!
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:27 AM   #19

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
I see... thewarrior's costume - if that's the phrase-in folklore varies greatly in Anatolia from region to region. So, I gather that'Τσολια' isthemenifestation in theadjacentGreek peninsula.

Ah,about how time flies,you're ightarkadaş! ...was it not inTimon ofAthens by Shakespeare saying '...time is a trap' ??!!

Yes it does vary my friend,, a Τσολιας costume was a modern military outfit from the 19th century, every year Greek boys in school dress up in this for Greek Independence Day.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:22 PM   #20

Thanks for the elaboration to prevent confusion, my friend!

Oh, as for the 19th century, such a confusing and'turbulent' century in which the Balkan nations won their independence oneafter one, signaling to the inevitable downfall of the third and the last 'Roman Empire': the Ottoman Empire!It seemsTurkeywas the lastto win its independence : ) Actually, the Children's Day is one of our independence day(s) on which children of the world are invited to perform their folkloric games in their traditional costumes. As a matter of fact, though I'm not usually a great fan of folklore games honestly, I quite enjoy watching them as I contemplate the meanings, backgrounds beyond their garments and figures...eh, and meanwhile take a few picturesif I can :-)