Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 17, 2008, 6:01 AM   #1

Here are some ofthe pictures I shot in the front garden ofthe primary school my daughter goes. As you see, I applied some motion blur at the background to be able to get rid of the distracting buildings, etc.and to emphasize the sense of motion. Hope it worked : ) The exifs are there.

Btw,gifted to children in1929,that dayisa national holiday in my country (whichinspired the United Nations in 1950's to recommendall countriestoarrange aUniversal Children's Day).Here theyallow children sit in governors' ministers', the prime minister's and the president's arm chairs for one day. ( I'd like to be there to observetheir faces, I mean those of the'big boys':G)

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2008, 6:02 AM   #2

#2)
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 6:02 AM   #3

#3)
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 6:03 AM   #4

#4)
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 6:03 AM   #5

#5)
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 6:04 AM   #6

#6)
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 6:06 AM   #7

#7) finally my boy wanted to have his photo taken with them : )
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2008, 12:14 PM   #8

Excellent job using the motion blur. Its just enough without distracting from the main subjects and conveys the movement of the dancers very nicely.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 12:19 PM   #9

Wow Bahadir! Fantastic, absolutely gorgeous photos!!! What colors, you couldn't ask for anything more. A couple questions; I know shot #7 is your son(looks a bit mischievous) was wondering if #5 might be your daughter? And what are the items the girls are holding that look like wooden spoons? Do they use them for making rhythm. Looks to me like they are having a lot of fun! Btw, you did good on the background blur

John
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 5:09 PM   #10

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Excellent job using the motion blur. Its just enough without distracting from the main subjects and conveys the movement of the dancers very nicely.
Happy to receive your positiveexpertise, my friend : ) Especially aboutthe motion blur I applied,for Imight tend tooverdo things at times.. Anyway, I wouldn't let your eyesight be spoilt by the concrete artifacts !

.................................................. .............................

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Wow Bahadir! Fantastic, absolutely gorgeous photos!!! What colors, you couldn't ask for anything more. A couple questions; I know shot #7 is your son(looks a bit mischievous) was wondering if #5 might be your daughter? And what are the items the girls are holding that look like wooden spoons? Do they use them for making rhythm. Looks to me like they are having a lot of fun! Btw, you did good on the background blur

Thank you foryour kind interest and great incentive, John : )

Sadly my daughter did not wish to attend the folklore activities this year as shewas more concentrated in her new fascination: Violoncello! Yea, you─▒'re quite observant! They are actually wooden spoons used both as visual andmusical instruments in 'kasik oyunu' or 'spoon dance' performed from the towns ofKonya to Silifkein Turkey. Btw,the first three pictures display the folkloric game of my region: Aegean! Actually, there were tens of different folklore games from different regions performed that day only some of which I could watch and capture thanks to my mischievous son!!