Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 29, 2008, 10:18 PM   #11

Goofas,

I had already replied (twice) to your photos, but felt the need to add even another. Your third posting, here, revealed the error of an assumption that I had held. Before your clarification, I had thought you to be the primary (paid) photographer - and had really wondered why there weren't any ceremonial photos included. The answer to my unasked question was given in your third post.

Having gone back to your photos, a few times since then, I have to change what I'd previously said about your photos being 'good' - to (IMO) 'great'. Yes, under the circumstances, it is my feeling that you did a mighty fine job of things.

'Just wanted to let you know that, and to say - keep up the good work.

Blessings,
Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 8:38 PM   #12

Me "paid"?!? HECK NO! I am just a want-a-be playing around. Thanks for all the comments everyone. :G
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 4:44 AM   #13

Great shots, lots of good practice........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 7:25 AM   #14

Goofas,

Got to say something about ruining a great formal shoot. That harsh flash shadow got to be taken out. Never flash direct at your subject. If ceiling or wall is not availble for bouncing flash , try to use some DIY bounce card behind your flash.
There is some possibility that you are using the on-board flash which has limited use for such circumstance.
You are doing good overall particularly when the bride makes a great model.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:03 AM   #15

Actually I was using a nikon sb-600 with a stoffen omnibounce. There were at least 6 people taking shots at one time from different angles.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:52 PM   #16

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
Actually I was using a nikon sb-600 with a stoffen omnibounce. There were at least 6 people taking shots at one time from different angles.
Yes I know. Look at this one definitely from your flash with the same flash shadow

There is way to get rid of them either with multiflash system from a pro. Or alternatively you may use an even more powerful (sb-800 or high) to bounce back at your subject. Since less light is going to your subject, you also need a fast lens sharp at F3.5 or F4.

This was an example I did sometime in last Sept. The prof photographer was forced to hit the subject direct because of the high ceiling. The flash from the prof photographer happens to be less powerful and she somehow used all F5.6 aiming to sharpen the image (but in turn lost a lot of light)

Here is the link as to how to get rid of the shadow

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...845354#p845354

Interesting exercise

One thing I have to say is that despite the minor technicality, you captured the image and spirit well.

Daniel

p.s. click this if the image you took does not appear

http://lh6.ggpht.com/daejme/SDmUQAWs...Q/DSC_1304.JPG
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote