Old May 25, 2008, 7:21 PM   #1

Google photo link

http://picasaweb.google.com/daejme/ChrisKatie

Flickr link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goofas7...7605244596792/
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2008, 8:37 PM   #2

81 views and no comments.......Hey this shots are good....hey these shots stink...hey these shots are..........
Old May 26, 2008, 10:36 PM   #3

Hi there.

No one else has chimed in yet, and I hope that you don't mind a little critique coming from someone who is YET very much learning the ins & outs of photography. I don't know why 81 views had produced no responses, but (since you placed a second request for opinions) allow me to offer mine.

I found that your shots were either too dark, too soft, or plagued with blown highlights. Don't get me wrong; I liked viewing them. It is just my opinion that these shots would have stood out more, had the exposure handling not been such an issue. I would also think that a PP treatment in a really good photo-editing program just might serve to make these photos stand out more.

Again, though, this is the opinion of someone who is still in the shallow-end of the pool of photographic knowledge. Keep yourself mindful of the fact that I did enjoy looking at your pictures, and thought (despite what was briefly mentioned above) that they were nice.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 10:58 PM   #4

I am taking a bit of a break now from post-processing a couple hundred wedding shots I took on Saturday, myself, as a favor to a relative. I agree that most of your indoor shots are a bit dark for my tastes. Probably just running them through something like the shadows/highlights tool in PS elements would do the trick. Sometimes, when you do that, though, you lose color saturation and contrast, so have to also give those a boost. Could be worth a try.

My philosophy of wedding pictures is that when the couple get out the album ten or twenty years from now, they are going to be more interested in being able to make out the faces of guests, than in whether the pictures are great as pictures. I am not, however a professional wedding photographer. It's too much like herding cats.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 6:57 PM   #5

Hey Goofas,
I can't commit on the lighting or camera settings cause I'm still trying to figure it out myself, and I'm no pro on composition either but, I can tell you that, that's half the battle and I like what I see. I also liked what you did with the B&W's.
I think you got some pretty good candid shots to boot.
One thing for sure, the groom is real cut-up! Not to mention his dad seems to have his playful side too.
ps. I was real surprized to see two women wearing white!:shock:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 8:33 PM   #6

Thanks for the tips. I always thought it was "wrong" to take photos at an event where someone had paid for a pro to shoot. I had my camera put up just waiting for the reception. I bet 10 digitals popped out so I chimed in with the crowd. Nothing was posed....just all quickies.
Old May 28, 2008, 1:24 AM   #7

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I always thought it was "wrong" to take photos at an event where someone had paid for a pro to shoot. I had my camera put up just waiting for the reception. I bet 10 digitals popped out so I chimed in with the crowd. Nothing was posed....just all quickies.
Hey Goofas,

Under these newly learned circumstances, I think that you did very well. I really didn't think that your shots were bad, to begin with; just in need of some lightening, a little sharpening for some, and a smidgeon of some other PP on a few of the others. Like GoldWinger, I (too) am still within the 'figuring-it-out' stage, and wind up spending a fair amount of PP time on my photos, before I feel that they are worthy of wearing the classification of being 'decent'.

Trying to get some good shots at an event like this - while staying out of the way of the paid photographer, and trying to time yourself between other attendees who brought their cameras - is (at best) very difficult. But you pulled it off. Just a little PP and you'll have some 'sho-nuff' winners in here :-).
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 2:44 PM   #8

Wow, under those circumstances I think you did fantastic! You have a good eye for composition, keep it up!

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 3:39 PM   #9

hi goofas!, I'm tentative of commenting on weddings at the Mo!, However, your shots are the kind that the marrying couple would i'm surewant as a "wedding present"presented ina lovely album!. :love:. I do agree though, that they need a little work in PS, but the individuality of them is great:-). Kind regards Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 7:16 PM   #10

i really love Photo 15 of 60 Chris & Katie, that is the type of shot that really makes a difference, now the only thing, its a shame they were looking to the side. a beautiful shot! nice composition.
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote