Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 11, 2008, 6:03 PM   #11

mdparker04 wrote:
Quote:
Excellent Picture. I am very impressed with the quality of them. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I was there watching as well. Out of curiosity, what settings did you use? I tried capturing my son's 5th grade graduation and between being in the back row limited to 55m and the low light .... you can imagine how bad they were
Thank you foryour kind feedback! As you can see above I've just added their settings beside their number of order upon your request : )Needless to say, they were all shot at spot metering mode to be able to avoid blown areas by posing at the brightest areas and thento recomposing. In fact I shot more than twenty pictures -fortunately- all of which came out quite usable!Of coursesome150 mm tele end would be a charm, so that I wouldn't have to crop offalmost half of the image as in #3and in # 6 more than thehalf!!

Btw, youdid adeed heroic enough capturing your son's 5th grade graduation despite the drawbacks I wonder if you posted them in the forums..

Cheers,

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:13 AM   #12

Excellent shots my friendyou made a fine choice in the 17-70 lens it looks really sharp at 70 and the noise at 1600 looks good also, i believe these are untouched though right, either way good job and looks like you and the children had a wonderful time
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:40 AM   #13

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Excellent shots my friendyou made a fine choice in the 17-70 lens it looks really sharp at 70 and the noise at 1600 looks good also, i believe these are untouched though right, either way good job and looks like you and the children had a wonderful time
Thank you arkadaş! We're going to the same opera house again this evening : )There'a aclassical musicconcert on, which could not be as interesting as ballet in terms of photography! But will try anyway, providing of couse, theenvironment tolarates 'slightest' shutter release sound!! Yea, the 17-70 makes agreat kit lens alternativefulfilling a variety of scenarios! Actually some of the pictures were cropped significantly and theywere passed through the neat image.

Wish you, your wife andkids a entertaining weekend, too :|

Old Jun 13, 2008, 4:47 PM   #14

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thank you arkadaş! We're going to the same opera house again this evening : )There'a aclassical musicconcert on, which could not be as interesting as ballet in terms of photography! But will try anyway, providing of couse, theenvironment tolarates 'slightest' shutter release sound!! Yea, the 17-70 makes agreat kit lens alternativefulfilling a variety of scenarios! Actually some of the pictures were cropped significantly and theywere passed through the neat image.

Wish you, your wife andkids a entertaining weekend, too :|

And may you and your family have a splended weekend will be waiting for you to post those pictures also
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:30 PM   #15

Bravo! Stupendous!
camera work is pretty good too.
:-)

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:09 AM   #16

hercules wrote:
Quote:
...will be waiting for you to post those pictures also
Thank you so much, my friend ! They have already been released entitled ' Sarah Chang in Izmir'

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Bravo! Stupendous!
camera work is pretty good too.
:-)

Happy to read yourincentive words of appreciation, John

Looking for a zoomlens capable of keeping, atleast, one stop faster than this, and between 50-150mm range!!

Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:21 PM   #17

Quote:
snip...
snip...
Quote:

Looking for a zoomlens capable of keeping, atleast, one stop faster than this, and between 50-150mm range!!

Bahadir, have you considered the Sigma 70-200mm?
this is the next lens on my must have list!

Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:39 PM   #18

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir, have you considered the Sigma 70-200mm?
this is the next lens on my must have list!
Thanks for your kind treat

Oh, how beguiling a look:love:That's a great piece of glass, surely,which would yield a stellar performance of razor sharp subjects and buttery bokeh in capable hands!! I love it :!:

Actually I've been also considering the Sigma 50-150 which is no less than an 'ex ' , starting with f2.8 at all focal lengths. It is 500 gr. lighter than the 70-200 andalmost 1/3 cheaper here.Besides thanks to theoverlapping focal length with my 17-70, I would not need to change the lens asoften..

Still, difficult to chose:? So, I'dwelcomeanysuch helpfulsuggestions!

Old Jun 19, 2008, 4:30 PM   #19

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Actually I've been also considering the Sigma 50-150 which is no less than an 'ex ' , starting with f2.8 at all focal lengths. It is 500 gr. lighter than the 70-200 andalmost 1/3 cheaper here.Besides thanks to theoverlapping focal length with my 17-70, I would not need to change the lens asoften..

hmmm... yes very difficult decision. I like lighter and smaller. Only $50 dollars deferent's in price here.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:32 PM   #20

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:

hmmm... yes very difficult decision. I like lighter and smaller. Only $50 dollars deferent's in price here.
Dear John, I get even more desperate when Iregard the Sigma 55-200 also, which isutterly lightweight and dirt cheap!! :?Please have a look at its full review: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=291362