Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:55 AM   #1

So fascinating was the performance of the world wide renowned virtuoso of violinand the orchestra that neither did Idareto nor did I feel like toshootany morepictures!!

All are raw conversions with no pp (except #5)other thanpushing the exposure a tad and resizing. The exifs are embedded ; )

here we go...Lights!

5. ...a snap ofthe audience next to meduring the interval : ) my wife, my son and my daughter! iso 1600; f4; 1/3'' ; 31mm

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:23 PM   #2

beautyful Bahadir!
I'm glad you included your family. I never tire of seeing them.:-)
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:12 AM   #3

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
beautyful Bahadir!
I'm glad you included your family. I never tire of seeing them.:-)
Thank you John!

You know, intervals can be really useful,at least, for bringingfar off friends together:-)

Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:35 AM   #4

These are great shots my friend i would much rather watch a violin orchestra than a ballet show:G looks like you had a great time with your beautiful family ok i have tried RAW also but i thought when you shoot in RAW that there was no color and you had to PP everything, because when i tried raw and opened up jpeg they looked the same to me
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:50 AM   #5

Great series of shots, memories of an enjoyable evening.....................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:42 AM   #6

hercules wrote:
Quote:
These are great shots my friend i would much rather watch a violin orchestra than a ballet show:G looks like you had a great time with your beautiful family ok i have tried RAW also but i thought when you shoot in RAW that there was no color and you had to PP everything, because when i tried raw and opened up jpeg they looked the same to me
Thank you my friend, it was an actual pleasure!! Btw, could it be the lead violonist that might play a role in your preference??:G I use the CS3 for converting raw images. The default settings there are quite allright except sharpening and noise removal, which I set to '0'! Now, the relative rawvs. jpegquality differs frombrand to brand, and even from model to model!!Imo,DIGIC image processorin Canondoes a great job,for the jpeg outputs, whichdoes not require shooting in raw at all for casual pictures!

.................................................. ..................

musket wrote:
Quote:
Great series of shots, memories of an enjoyable evening.....................musket.
Thank you for dropping in your kind remarks : )

Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:48 AM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thank you my friend, it was an actual pleasure!! Btw, could it be the lead violonist that might play a role in your preference??:G I use the CS3 for converting raw images. The default settings there are quite allright except sharpening and noise removal, which I set to '0'! Now, the relative rawvs. jpegquality differs frombrand to brand, and even from model to model!!Imo,DIGIC image processorin Canondoes a great job,for the jpeg outputs, whichdoes not require shooting in raw at all for casual pictures!

Yes arkadias the violinist plays a big roll now when shooting RAW should all settings in camera be set to 0? thats another thing i should read up on
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Yes arkadias the violinist plays a big roll now when shooting RAW should all settings in camera be set to 0? thats another thing i should read up on
Oh, I knew it:-)As for settings, I actuallyset them to '0' all the time to claim more control from the camera! After allyou canhave your computer do a lot more sophisticatedpp job than the'camera image processor'regarding sharpening, saturation, contrast, vividness, ifnecessaryTheoretically it doesn't matter which settings youprefer on the cameraas long as you shoot raw because the sensor get the whole information andyou can change them all while converting. But then why shouldyou bother with double job???
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:08 AM   #9

These are the best stage shots I have ever seen. Great lighting.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:05 PM   #10

carylwithay wrote:
Quote:
These are the best stage shots I have ever seen. Great lighting.
Caryl
I'm utterly humbled by yourkind incentive, Caryl!

Actually, such was the charm of the performance...that the cameraremained lainon my lap after these few initial shots :-)