Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:22 PM   #1

My sister, the model. Panasonic FZ18. I am not a pro nor even an ameteur, but would love have have you all give me some tips, hint and information on taking better photos.

Thanks

Derby08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:24 PM   #2

Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:25 PM   #3

Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:37 AM   #4

The first is my favorite, by far. I wish it was in color; it looks like it's in sepia, or something else. I would have had her move her hand down a little further, but other than that, nice pic.

The second one has some issues. Fir off, when taking portraits, it's usually very unflattering for someone to be looking down at the camera. It's the "up the nose" shot, and the chin usually looks much larger than it is; it's not a good angle. The color also seems a little off. It seems like the light coming through the trees outside had a green tint to them, as you might expect, and it shows on your subject. Use a reflector to block this light, and add some flash so your subject will have more natural looking skin tones. Finally, the background is a little distracting, especially the bird house, or bird feeder on the right side of the photo.

The final shot is well composed (Notice how she's looking up at the camera?), but a little overexposed, especially her arms. And, once again, I would like to see the color version of this picture. If your subject was a little higher in the chair, the shot would work better as well.

Good start, keep up the effort. Hope these tips help.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote