Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:53 PM   #1

I took my pup to a local beach here to frolic in the salt water when I noticed a man and his son preparing to fish from a nearby pier. I took this at 300mm wide open at iso 200 and 1/800 shutter speed. It happened so fast I just had to fire and hope for the best. After this shot, he put the net away and started fishing, so I didn't get a second chance.

Another one from that outing, my dog having fun in the water

Another one...

Okay I just realized my last two pictures are not people, so here's one with my wife...

Thank you for your indulgence.. Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:23 AM   #2

Ahh, Pensacola, where I was born...many years ago. The wife's step dad worked at NARF for many years, and the air museum there is a recommended visit if you enjoy planes (Which we do, my dad was a B-52 pilot in the Air Force).

Anyway, nice pics. I wish you could have gotten the man and his son throwing his cast net (Or, technically bait net) from the side, or the front. The shot from behind them isn't as good as it could be, but it's nice. Could you imagine that shot if the sun was setting right behind them? That would be GREAT! And, it looks like the man throwing the net knows what he's doing, nice spread there; I usually end up with a banana pattern the first few throws - then things get better! LOL!

The other shots are nice as well. I would maybe bump up the saturation a little bit on all of the pics, they look just a tad dull. That would make them "pop" a little more.

But, very nice pics, thanks for sharing them (And, taking me back a few years).
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:11 PM   #3

HughesInNC,

Thanks for the look and advice, I can always use constructive criticism.As for the bait net, I have never thrown one, but I have caught many a mullet with my cast net. It took me a long time to get it to open in any semblance of a circle. I hear ya on the banana! I'll try to post more pics and work on the saturation. Thanks again. Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote