Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:33 PM   #11

musket wrote:
Quote:
Great series of shots, lots of facial expressions there.

good advice from vIZnquest

........................musket.
Thank you for your appreciation my friend And thanks to Tom once again with this occasion : ) Btw, what about the actual feat of the cameraman on the lefthandside, whichinspired metohave a flip out LCD display rather thanaflip out belly:lol:
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:28 PM   #12

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
musket wrote:
Quote:
Great series of shots, lots of facial expressions there.

good advice from vIZnquest

........................musket.
Thank you for your appreciation my friend And thanks to Tom once again with this occasion : ) Btw, what about the actual feat of the cameraman on the lefthandside, whichinspired metohave a flip out LCD display rather thanaflip out belly:lol:
Thanks for the kind remarks. Low level shots are best achieved with the aid of a compact mirror. The flip style (rectangular preferably) that women use. This works only if you have live view or a P&S that you compose with the LCD screen. Flip the mirror open, place the camera on one side use the mirror to view what is seen on the LCD to compose your shot. It will take a bit of getting used to since things will look backwards if you are trying to look at the subject directly and the mirror at the same time. This is a knee saver for those who have a hard time kneeling.

This works well for those that want to take pictures of pets and kids.

I find that thinking outside of the usual in taking shots is what makes photography even more fun for me. I received a really good piece of advice from someone, "If it looks like a great shot, don't take it." This is not to say that you should never take a shot if it so moves you to take one. It is just that too many times I find myself taking the tourist style shot. You walk up, see it as a great shot but it never really stands out being more than another version of something taken thousands of times before and after. Move around if able. Try different angles and perspectives. Get closer if you can. Go lower, get higher. Look around and behind.

That's just my take on things. You never know what great shot you might have missed if you don't take the time to try some of these things.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:46 AM   #13

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the kind remarks. Low level shots are best achieved with the aid of a compact mirror. The flip style (rectangular preferably) that women use. This works only if you have live view or a P&S that you compose with the LCD screen. Flip the mirror open, place the camera on one side use the mirror to view what is seen on the LCD to compose your shot. It will take a bit of getting used to since things will look backwards if you are trying to look at the subject directly and the mirror at the same time. This is a knee saver for those who have a hard time kneeling.

This works well for those that want to take pictures of pets and kids.
Actually I had thought about this trickon my S70 powershot days,and usedit few times. Now, with my current dslr without live view, alas,no way!However itcan be really usefulfor the ones who arereading these lines : ) Ah, after all I must say I owe much to thecorrespondence between members from various sites ; )
Quote:
I find that thinking outside of the usual in taking shots is what makes photography even more fun for me. I received a really good piece of advice from someone, "If it looks like a great shot, don't take it." This is not to say that you should never take a shot if it so moves you to take one. It is just that too many times I find myself taking the tourist style shot. You walk up, see it as a great shot but it never really stands out being more than another version of something taken thousands of times before and after. Move around if able. Try different angles and perspectives. Get closer if you can. Go lower, get higher. Look around and behind.

That's just my take on things. You never know what great shot you might have missed if you don't take the time to try some of these things.
Thanks again conveying your friend'spiece of advice youkindly elaborated!

Really incitingtowards the road not so often taken
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote