Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:17 AM   #1

The city I live in, Izmir,comprises of towns each having their own municipalities and therefore their own mayors dependant on the metropolis.

Deniz Baykal,leader of thesocial democrat party; CHP ( People's RepublicanParty -themain opposition party in Turkey now), gave some good advice to the majorstanding beside him during some partof his speechatthe opening ceremony of the town hallinmy town: Narlıdere !

Not being my usual subject of photography though, it was fun following the expressions of the people, cameraman, etc.nearbyduring the event : ) Provided in chronological order!

Enjoy,

Bahadır

#7 ...and some of the audience in HDR!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:32 PM   #2

An amusing series of facial expressions. I like the guy in the red tie. In the first photo it looks like he is taking his pulse to make sure all is well. The fellow in the purple shirt looks like a balding version of Bob Barker. All in all interesting to look at again and again.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:34 AM   #3

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
An amusing series of facial expressions. I like the guy in the red tie. In the first photo it looks like he is taking his pulse to make sure all is well.
Thank you my friend! As I said this was not my usual subject of photography but could not help myself go : ) I should say I amquite entertainedby your good humour! He really looks like taking his pulse isn't he?:-)Now, as you must have already knew, he is the major (actually an architect as profession)of my town which is about 70%CHP!

Quote:
The fellow in the purple shirt looks like a balding version of Bob Barker. All in all interesting to look at again and again.
Gave a big laugh upon reading your comparison:lol:Ah, I am, too, a romantic person who just like 'filling in' the images with some dramatic characters I know!!

Well below's my take: Quintus from the film 'Gladiator' :!:

Attached Images

Old Jul 14, 2008, 1:33 PM   #4

Nice series of shots my friend with good color i like #1 and #4 for being the funniest facial expressions:G although not being your usual subject of photography you did a fine job
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:25 PM   #5

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Nice series of shots my friend with good color i like #1 and #4 for being the funniest facial expressions:G although not being your usual subject of photography you did a fine job
Thank you for the feedback, arkadaş! According to my experience good colour is a merit of raw conversion.

Actually the field is much more prolific for a caricaturist than a photographer :lol:Still, I'm temptedfor the next try ; )
Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:06 PM   #6

I liked all the shots. This is my kind of shooting and I have gotten into the habit of carrying a folding step stool to stand a bit taller in the crowd to minimize the heads of people in the foreground.

If I can I stand or kneel on a park bench to get a perspective a bit higher than where I stand on my own two feet I try to do that.

Sometimes I kneel in my other shots. I really try to get shots that is different than what the vast majority would do.

The cropping the heads in the foreground would help in that I find them a bit of a distraction. That is my personal preference. Some may like it for the perspective. I like the crop for the focus on the subjects.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:26 PM   #7

Dear Tom, thank you for the invaluable expertise I too would like to eliminate the heads as much as possible and having to lowering the camera to your eye level in a crowd, you inevitably include the tops! So,a folding step stool is a great tip:idea:Eh, I must have one to add my backpackalongsidethe tripod, just for the love of photography : )
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:00 AM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Dear Tom, thank you for the invaluable expertise I too would like to eliminate the heads as much as possible and having to lowering the camera to your eye level in a crowd, you inevitably include the tops! So,a folding step stool is a great tip:idea:Eh, I must have one to add my backpackalongsidethe tripod, just for the love of photography : )
Gees don't you think we have enough to carry around with us my friend:G how about asking someone to hoist you up on there shoulders Lol.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:36 AM   #9

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Gees don't you think we have enough to carry around with us my friend:G how about asking someone to hoist you up on there shoulders Lol.
:lol: You know about the dialectics my friend! Ah, who knows what awaits us in future...just for the sake of art : )
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:00 PM   #10

Great series of shots, lots of facial expressions there.

good advice from vIZnquest

........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote