Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:38 PM   #1

You might remember my post last May: ' the cityscape awaiting her meeting' http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=570775&forum_id=8&highli ght=+the+cityscape+awaiting+her+meeting%27+++in which I explained the matter and thenoticeable use of the flag extensively, but far far away from having any sort of racist nationalism.

Yesterdayanother meeting was held in my hometown Izmir,in orderto protest the accellerated arrests and investigations forced by the political party in powerclaiming that they've beenconducting a 'so called' operation clean hands or 'mani pulate' called 'Ergenekon' againstsome organization dating back to some thousands years ago:!:especially after the partywas accused by the Supreme Court of deliberately undermining the constitution,having already become the base of anti-laisism and therefore is likely to be closed down!

Here we go...Let's start witha four-shot-stitchwork. (Btw, all are raw conversions)

Stitched the two pictures above which were not actually meant to be stitched when shot..

...and thoseto speak up''hands off from my daughters' future!!'' were also there as well as students, villagers, retireds, housewives!

and the elderly started to sit on the ground as the hours passed...

while 'Atatürk's youth in charge' it wrote...

I should also add that; remembering Tom's (vIZnquest) good adviceabout a folding step stoolto step on in the crowd, I carried a folding chair with me which was at hand! Ah, to my surprise it broke down almost at the start of the job after a few times,so I left it to a lady as a seat : ) OK! Lesson learnedroper equipment

Cheers,

Bahadır

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:47 PM   #2

Really captured the rally well. I like your panoramas. Can you tell us something about the statue in the air. And where is the opposition that caused the rally?
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:27 AM   #3

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Really captured the rally well. I like your panoramas. Can you tell us something about the statue in the air. And where is the opposition that caused the rally?

Thank you for your kind interest my friend!

That statue called The Tree of Republic was erected some years ago by the municipality of Izmir to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the republic!On the white base of the statue, as youcan see, are inscribedthe sayingssupported bythe reliefs on various aspects (from economy to judicial independence and from there to educationwhich was supposed tocreatecitizens whose logicand insightis unconstrained) related with theideals of the youngrepublic then...

As for where the opposition is: All over the country...run by the founders of the republic who have been living here for almost ten thousand years, now against a 'disguised' and 'silent' terrorintended to silence the thinkingcitizensagainst'some organization'who owe their power to officiouslyservingthe known expansionist and exploitist plans!

Sure I too woremy Lacedonian style long red cloak of flag as soon as I filled the sd card with the DNG files; )

Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:26 PM   #4

Bahadir,

I have been following the developments in Turkey with anxiety. Your photographs are very inspiring and encourage me to believe that secularism will remain firm and will not allow Turkey to be dragged backwards. They make me wish that similar good sense existed in countries in the rest of Europe and North America.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:17 PM   #5

Great series of shots, I wonder what lens you were using?

With regard to RAW versus JPG the difference is in the option

of allowingconsumer software convert rather than allowing the

camera as all files have to be converted in order to view them anyway

I still thinkjp2k is superior to jpg although it has not been used

widely, as it has moregoing for it,it's all a bit likevhs versus beta max

or 8 track versus cassette or laser versus lcd coming soon for TV's:-).

..............................musket.

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:35 PM   #6

Herb wrote:
Quote:
I have been following the developments in Turkey with anxiety. Your photographs are very inspiring and encourage me to believe that secularism will remain firm and will not allow Turkey to be dragged backwards. They make me wish that similar good sense existed in countries in the rest of Europe and North America.
Thank you so much for your insightful and supportive comment above! Actually you are right to be concerned about the developments as an observant andthinking person. What makes the matters worse is the support tothese developmentsfromsome EU politiciansthough these countriesthemselves benefitted fromthe winsof the Renaissance basing on the ideals of the Antiquity!Still, I can understandthe cooperation betweenincompatible sides when theobjective is so rewarding and one:!: Anyway, glad my pictures made some sense...You are again right here for there is indeed good reason to be hopefulKeep on following us 'the last of the Trojans' : )

Cheers,

Bahadır

.................................................. .................

@musket:

Thank you my friend! The lens was my usual Sigma 17-70 : )Though by changing the aperture more frequently I could have done better a better job for some scenes, I can say, I'mpleased in general regardingsome pictures above were taken against the sun! Judging from somecameras, Isee that Jpeg and Raw does not make a lot of difference but it does for the Pentax K10D, which I was already aware before my purchase. Btw, Jp2k seems to bepromising indeed, especiallyconcerning scenes which include lots of reds as above ; )

Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:24 AM   #7

Powerful work Bahadir. Such beautiful saturated colours especially reds. A wonderful documentary of events....
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:14 PM   #8

Very interesting series Bahadir. I am another who has been trying to follow developments in Turkey with hopes that your country will maintain personal liberties and a secular government. You should post a link to this series in the Pentax forum too.

I noticed one of the signs referred to America. I tried some online translators without success, could you tell me what the sign is saying?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:06 PM   #9

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Powerful work Bahadir. Such beautiful saturated colours especially reds. A wonderful documentary of events....
Rather than trying to restate, I will just say that this is exactly my impression.

Also, it is really incredible to see every age group represented here. I can see elderly; I can see young people, teenagers and such, and everything in between.

I look forward to more of these and wish you well in your struggle. Do you have a photo-stream that I could subscribe to or something?

Also, are you a professional journalistic photographer?
coachjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:16 PM   #10

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Happy to readthe kind appreciation of acompetent photographer such as yourself : )

Actually Iremain quite neutral duringthejob just behindany photographic opportunity I could acquire! Now, as I share my impressions withfriends here, Iraise my glass of wine to you all,enjoying, as you stated; the 'beautifully saturated' reds even more ; )

................................................... ............

NonEntity1wrote:

Quote:
Very interesting series Bahadir. I am another who has been trying to follow developments in Turkey with hopes that your country will maintain personal liberties and a secular government. You should post a link to this series in the Pentax forum too.

I noticed one of the signs referred to America. I tried some online translators without success, could you tell me what the sign is saying?
Thank you so much for your insightful comments as well as your kind suggestion of posting a link of my series at Pentax forum : )

Now, regarding the matter;as with personal liberties, the secularism is distinctly and obviously stated inour Constitution and is referred to as one of theunchangable foundations of the constitution which cannot even be negotiated and may bring thedissolution of a political party thatbecomes an agentfor undermining it.

According to the verdictthe Supreme Courthas released,the political party in power now has been found guilty and therefore the financial support granted by the Statehas been decided to bereduced by 50%. However ithasn't beenclosed down asoriginally intended, which extremely relieved some EU politicians who supported that party during the whole judicial process!Actually, there was another party (RP) which wasclosed downten yearsagohaving been suedfor the very reason. But theirdissolution was supported by the EU, for that party hadclaimed to be anti-emperialistic as well! The political power in power now is the next generation of that dissolved party maintaining some of its executives who once said democracy is just a means!

As for the sign held by one of the protesters, it writes: Ergenekon* lie , the plan of US ( *Ergenekon, which is in fact the originmyth of the Turks,is usedto namethe investigation started by the political party in power accusing some people including some writers and journalists -all leftists!- ofterroristactsbelonging to a band called Ergenekon relatedwith somedeep state), addressing to the The Greater Middle East plan by Bush adminstration to which the head of the political party in power, namely ''our'' prime minister,volunteered to contribute as the co-director of the plan!!Among many peoplewho listened his words fewmay have noticed the significance! At this point you may remember Machiaevelli's advice to the rulero not hesitate to promise, for you can promise further evenif you can'tkeepthe ones before. There will be few intelligent people to remember and voice these...still, you have the police power to silence them

.................................................. ....................

coachjames wrote:

Quote:
Rather than trying to restate, I will just say that this is exactly my impression.
Also, it is really incredible to see every age group represented here. I can see elderly; I can see young people, teenagers and such, and everything in between.
I look forward to more of these and wish you well in your struggle. Do you have a photo-stream that I could subscribe to or something?
Also, are you a professional journalistic photographer?
Oh, I'm humbled by your kind words of appreciation : ) I should say yourheartily observations soundas ifyou have really been there

Thank you for your good wish concerning the struggle I mentioned above and in my earlier post to which I also added a link at my introduction. Btw, I'm justoneof the kindred spirits herewholove taking photographs and admire beauty in any form of art: ) Still, I shall keep you abreastwhen Ihave a dedicated web site on photography