Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 5, 2003, 6:41 PM   #101

[quote="bcoultry"]
Quote:
Most of us here in the U.S. can't speak or write anything but English. We're the ones who should be apologizing!

--Barbara

I respectfully disagree, why should we apologize for only being able to read and write in English? Heck, I have enough trouble with English without having to learn another language! :?
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2003, 7:13 PM   #102

Quote:
Heck, I have enough trouble with English without having to learn another language!
Chuck--
Maybe you're right. I mean, we can end up taking a siesta after eating too much linguine, then wake up to find we've lost our bon ami. We who speak English actually speak many languages. Well, actually, we're just good at stealing words.
--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 12:08 AM   #103

Just posted for the first time today, but I am game.

This what I normally do. I produced, edit, sell and manage a local television show all about the outdoors of Arizona (they even roped me into hosting a bit). I also work as a consultant for audiovisual services, do custom installtion work for broadcast suites, and work at Phoenix College in the Media Services department doing, well... media.

I am 35, married, have one 3 year old son (my first posts in people pictures) and my second boy due the end of January. Misc dogs, furniture, and toys also populate my home.

Always played with photography on the side from videography, but developed a greater interest when the college I was working at purchased their first digital camera, a Kodak DC50. Tie in anything with computers and my interest grows exponentially.

Hobbies/interests: Anything outdoors in Arizona, wingshooting, working dogs, off road and back country trips, and anything to do with technology and education.

Thanks to everyone who has posted here. Been reading and learning for some time.
Chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 1:22 AM   #104

Welcome aboard, Chael. It's nice to see another Phoenix area member.

Behind the avatar? Well, here's a larger version of my avatar...

That's the Bank One Center and some other highrises in downtown Phoenix.

But I think the point of the thread is to post information about oneself...

Well, here's a strange picture I took of myself (reflected in a lamp) when I was messing around with my roommate's phone camera (yep, two real digicams at my disposal, and I still find something like this amusing :lol: ).

I'm 21, and I've lived in the Phoenix area my whole life. I am a student at Arizona State University; my major is psychology. After photography, my main hobby is music.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 8:54 PM   #105

Great shot of Bank One and Az Republic. Had to email this thread to a few friends who work at the paper. They said it only looks that cool on the outside and when you don't have to go there everyday for years on end.

Thanks for the welcome.
Chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 3:42 PM   #106

Ok folks, time to introduce myself. I've been visiting this forum for past two or three months and I must admit I learned a lot from you guys. Long way is in front of me, but I like photography so much.

I live in Sarajevo, Bosnia, I'm 30 years old and married to ultra turbo sweet wife of mine We have no kids yet but we have adorable persian white cat named Pemba (I'll post her picture on Stupid Pet Tricks forum in a couple of minutes).

I work as a helpdesk guy (they call it IT Officer) and studying IT at the same time. My hobbies are photograpy, online gaming, going places, meeting new people etc.

Nice to meey you all guys'n'girls, here is my photo below. I was playing with my hard disk which was killed in action one year ago
(I horizontally flipped the image, brings more confusion )
Cheers all,
Zuhdo

zuhdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 4:25 PM   #107

That's a neat self-portrait, zuhdo!
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 5:08 PM   #108

Zuhdo, cool picture. I am so glad you mentioned that you flipped the picture, the "Olympus" going the correct way would have sub-consciously driven me insane!

Carl
cfrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2003, 2:04 PM   #109

Default Behind the avatar

Hi All,

Haven't been around for a while but I thought I'd contribute:

My name is Michael E. I'm 36 yrs old and I live in South Jersey. I work for Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard in South Philly. I am the Chief Technology Officer (read: head geek) and I cover operational IT needs as well as strategic and new technology assesment and implementation. My group supports basic IT issues as well as plant floor needs (Automation and data collection systems). I also run a modest network at home. I like to fly fish when I get the chance and am also learning to woodwork,

I've lived in the US for past five years now having grown up in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I have a wife and three daughters who are merciless in reminding me how fallible I am.

I'm a 'chance' shooter but Photography's been a part of my life since I was an infant. My father was very heavy into photography during the early years of my parents marriage. He actually started a small kiosk photo business that eventually got bought out and became Island Photo (in the Philippines). I remember his old Nikkormat camera accompanying us on many trips.

I started out with Digital Photography back with the old Logitech Black and White camera and progressed through the various models of cameras. Today I primarily shoot with my Canon D10 and the S100 that I pack as an on hand camera. I've still got a good stable of digicams and occasionally take one of them out just to get a different perspective.

I've got no real 'training' of any kind in photography other than what I've picked up by watching my father and younger brother (who is a trained photographer). I just like to shoot what hold my attention. I've been lucky enough to get some good shots and I love to share them with others. My gallery is quite extensive and covers a good range subjects and locales.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue with this passion for many years to come and that I can share what I can with you all.
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2003, 4:14 PM   #110

Yo zuhdo, that is a wicked goatee!
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote