Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 20, 2003, 2:03 PM   #121

Ohenry,

Welcome, just curious is ohenry your real moniker?
Since the famous short story author O'Henry I've never seen the name again except of course for the candy bar...

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 3:58 PM   #122

Bet his name is Henry, and all his life, people have been saying, "Oh, Hennnrrrry! Would you do me a favor and..." So he eventually came to believe his name was Ohenry.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 4:33 PM   #123

Haha...close Barbara...my middle name is Henry. Actually, I picked up this nickname a LONG time ago back when BBS's were the norm and the internet was just brewing around in Al Gore's head. I dabbled a bit in short stories, none of which could be considered noteworthy nor socially acceptable in most circles. Having robbed poor William Porter of his moniker, I plodded forward. Now 14 years later, I'm still going by the nickname online even though I have given up attempts at writing. Amazingly enough, the majority of people that see my nickname have never heard of Ohenry other than the candy bar. Go figure.

And mahalo, Selvin

Carl
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2003, 7:39 PM   #124

I'm new here and just want to say what a great bunch you all are. Much friendlier than other forums I've seen. I've bookmarked so many sites talked about here I don't know when I'll have time to read the all.

I have no pics of myself as I haven't been on that side of camera in a very long time. I'm 38 years old, live in Thorntown, IN, married with 3 daughters. (Twins 16 and an 8 year old) I work as a cashier/bookkeeper in an elementary school cafeteria. Lousy pay, but great hours!

I've been into photography on and off for about 23 years. Went digital a year ago and love it.

Enjoy the outdoors in warm weather; reading when cold. Quad racing is a family pasttime. Husband, one daughter, and a nephew all race.

Thanks Melanie for a very interesting thread!
pbnoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:24 AM   #125

tnxs pdnoj
and welkom here!
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 2:54 PM   #126

pbnoj--

Twins who are 16 years old? Your life must be both full, and, at times, downright scary! Do they drive yet?
Old Dec 22, 2003, 2:25 PM   #127

The first two years are a total blur! They are learning to drive now. Way too expensive for a drivers training class for what you get out of it.
pbnoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:20 PM   #128

I can remember when I had three teenage drivers in the house. I would spend each weekend working on one of their cars. My car insurance was $6000 a year. Now that they are gainful employed and do not live at my house, I can afford digital camera equipment. I can also affor grandchildren.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:31 PM   #129

Phil, you are so lucky. My one and only keeps showing up. He prefers our house because we keep it neat, our refrigerator because it's more interesting than his. He uses my husband's tools, and he uses my office for his computer because I've got a cable hookup. Come to think of it, he spends more time here than he does at his own place. The only relief is that he now stomps around his own place instead of ours at 2 in the morning. I keep hoping he'll meet a nice girl. :roll:
Old Dec 22, 2003, 5:08 PM   #130

Barbara

Are you a lucky person as I am. Our children still come home if it is only to mooch our food and other resources. The true blessing of raising your children is that they turn into good people despite all the errors we made raising them. My wife still makes Easter Baskets for the kids. They are 31, 29, 27. They also still want their Christmas stockings which needs to be filled with a new tooth brush, a tube chapstick and plenty of candy. "It is a Wonderful Life" and I believe they made a movie about it.

Merry Christmas

Phil
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote