Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 24, 2003, 6:35 PM   #141

That's a beautiful portrait of your wife and son. I hope you also have it hanging on the wall.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2003, 2:32 AM   #142

Thanks,
We don't have anything hanging on the wall from myself .
Sometimes I wish I had but I can't choose....

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2003, 11:34 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP
Sometimes way too often. The built in babysitter syndrome.

The other one boomeranged and he is living in my basement again.
Peter..... In my opinion it is OK to say NO to grown kids. My daughter has more respect for me because she knows I will say NO. I told her I would never let her live under a bridge, but if she did not get her act together, and she had to live with me, she would decide to live under a bridge! I love her very much, but she must learn..................
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 9:15 AM   #144

A motor home is the answer. They can never find you.
E.B.West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:12 AM   #145

even in a motor home they can track you down

I've seen what they put into the newest ones, cause I build em:P
macleod76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:42 PM   #146

An older motor home is part of the answer We scoot about in older (1980's) Bounder. No technological whiz bangs in it. It just likes gas, a lot of it. .

But I think we might have the answer when we finally do move.
Some acres we bought to build our next home (retirement) on are very isolated.
Miles from nearest highway, hours travel from any mall, no internet, no cable, no phone, cells don't work unless you climb a tree . We have power(unreliable I am told) and a lot of trees.
It is perfect for what we want, but I suspect the kid(s) will find it unlivable.

So far the only scarry thing is we are told we may have to drill 300+ feet to get safe water :shock: Could be the neighbours are pulling leg but you never know.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2004, 5:13 PM   #147

Greetings my fellow brothers and sisters of the digital camera world! I have come to show thee my image and take part of fellowship. Gaze your eyes upon me so you shall know me. I am 40 years old, happily married and live in California. My camera is a Minolta Dimage Z1 and I very much enjoy using it. And now feast your eyes upon me......

Camg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2004, 6:25 PM   #148

Nothing in this world like a grand gesture, Camg33k. :lol:
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:50 PM   #149

Nice to see this thread has resurfaced with some of the new faces in it.

So many things to comment on.

I actually like my entire family. I enjoy seeing them and spending time with them. When I went to college I discovered how lucky I was, and similarly how uncommon this was. Mores the pity.

My dad has been diagnosed with either Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. This was the driving factor for me to buy a house within 20 minutes of theirs (an expensive limitation.) But I don’t want any weak excuse like “oh, it’s too far a drive” to keep me from visiting. I usually go over for dinner once a week and today I went to a nice Rembrant exhibit at a local museum with both my parents. Lots of fun.

I have to say that my older bother, his wife and 3 kids live with my parents. They can’t afford to buy a house and renting would mean they’d never be able to buy one (prevents saving.) This situation is one of the reasons I think something serious is going to explode in this country (not literally.) When the group of people not make enough money to move out (and the working poor) grows large enough there will be a political backlash, and a financial one. People will just stop spending on the non-essentials, and only buy cheap entertainment. And that will hurt businesses like nothing before… except maybe the great depression. But I digress. My view of the long-term economic future isn’t a happy subject.

melanie

You were better off without the car. At least where I live (near Boston MA...quite different from where you are, I believe) it costs on average $5, 000 a year to own a car (including average gas costs, maintenance, insurance.…) If you can live without, do it!

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:57 PM   #150

Eric and all,

What happens when more people are receiving government aid than are paying in?
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote