Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:34 AM   #151

Quote:
melanie

You were better off without the car. At least where I live (near Boston MA...quite different from where you are, I believe) it costs on average $5, 000 a year to own a car (including average gas costs, maintenance, insurance.) If you can live without, do it!
indeed.... quite different!
For me it doesn't matter if I travel by bus or have my own car..
The costs aren't far apart..
But sometimes its a disaster to travel by bus around here!
So overal i think i'm going to be really glad when i can take my car to work

Greetings!
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 7:47 PM   #152

Quote:
What happens when more people are receiving government aid than are paying in?
About the only good thing to come of it will be seeing politicians on the street holding their hats out, giving the populace a bit of joy. (Politicians send steam out my ears.)

Quote:
I actually like my entire family. I enjoy seeing them and spending time with them. When I went to college I discovered how lucky I was, and similarly how uncommon this was.
I discovered the same thing in college, and then my son noticed it when he was in high school. I wonder if it's always been this way. When I was growing up, my home was a slightly noisy place of talk, laughter, and sibling arguments. A wonderful place to be where people cared. My husband and I have carried on the tradition, and our son will doubtless do the same. We're blessed, Eric.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 1:30 PM   #153

chuck biddinger

I thought that was already true now. The amount that goes into Social Security isn't enough to sustain it in a reasonably predictable future (somewhere between 10-30 years, but I forget when.) Easily when I retire, but I expect sooner. This is one of the reasons this huge debt the current administration is racking up is scary me (well, one of the many reasons.) How are we going to fix up SS with that debt hanging over our heads? I sure hope they're right and the economy picks up enough to solve the problem... but I doubt it will. Oops, I'm getting depressing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
...A wonderful place to be where people cared. My husband and I have carried on the tradition, and our son will doubtless do the same. We're blessed, Eric.
That is just so amazingly true. I didn't realize when I went through it, but I learned very soon thereafter. And I am so happy I was that blessed.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 12:25 AM   #154

Hi. I am 18, the DR which I am getting tomorow (despite what my sig says...) is my 6th digital camera. I keep upgrading, and have finally decided to move to dSLR and stick with it for a while.

I am a CS major at Michigan Tech University, in Houghton Michigan. I love taking pictures, and I work for the school news paper as a photographer (getting paid to attend events for free and take pictures isnt a bad deal ).

Well, thats about it. My avatar is a bit overexposed (), but at the moment I am tired and dont feel like uploading any other pictures, SO hopefully that will do (if you have any objections, I suppose I'll put a REAL picture up sometime ).

Nice to meet you all .

p.s. A bunch of random pictures I have thrown up can be seen at www.afewgoodpictures.tk . Really, they arnt all my best, in fact some of they arnt very good at all, BUT I like them all .
shoelessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:28 PM   #155

Just discovered this, nice thread.

Here I go...
My name is Kate, I'm 32 years of age and I'm an alch...yuhhh, nevermind :lol:
Thus far, all is correct save for the alch...part

I'm happily married to my husband, Bruce, of 3 years. I have 2 daughters, ages 12 & 8 and 1 son, age 1. One other is on the way...and yes, he/she will be our last.
Previous to this marriage, I was married once before, lasting 7 years.

Hobbies: photography, fiddling with software programs (master of none of them!), boating, fishing, target shooting, baking and the occasional hike. Aside from this and being a parent...I love to relax (any chance I get!) with a good cup of joe; listen to various types of music, think, reflect and sometimes...simply daydream. I'm a country girl and the fast/hurried life doesn't appeal to me at all.
A hobby I would like to get into: drumming. Something I've wanted to do since the 6th grade but with the costs of photography (thinking ahead into the future)...doubt I'll get a set anytime soon.

I reside in and was born in Alaska, though spent 13 years of my life in Washington state. I travelled to Oregon, Northern California, Nevada & Indiana.
Had I chosen a different path in life, I would have chosen the U.S.C.G. S.A.R. and pursued a career in Pharmacy. I had my options and chose motherhood...no regrets! 12 years of having children and quite filling (and at times, seemingly too full) :lol: ...life without them would seem very empty & dull, despite my having many interests.
My ex-husband had both my girls for 2 months a few summers ago and I didn't know what to do with myself, so I worked 7 days straight and still found time to do everything that I wanted/had to do. Yet, life still was still very empty without them.
Just went to show me how much children do honestly consume your time and fill your life.

When I get the chance, I'll post a few pictures of my kids. 99.9% of the time, I'm the one behind the camera and the .01%-I try to dodge the camera when I'm the one in front of it

Thanks for creating this thread, 'twas a great idea.
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:44 PM   #156

As a sidenote, regarding my internet handle...which undoubtedly must seem arrogant (this is terribly embarrassing) but when I created this handle (some time ago)...what I had in mind was inquisitivetoo! Somehow I short circuited, my wires crossed and I typed in informativetoo. Well, sometimes this is true but regardless, not what I had in mind.

I have thought of changing it to what I really had in mind (which would require I change it elsewhere) but somehow, I would feel really cheesy in doing that. I like people to recognize me, in case I run into them elsewhere. So, I've just kept the handle.

Well, now you know the real story behind the handle. :roll:
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:01 AM   #157

The cute baby picture makes up for the handle ;-)

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:10 AM   #158

Quote:
The cute baby picture makes up for the handle
Good, then think to keep it there permanently
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:24 AM   #159

Good morning, informativetoo

Thank you for a delightful, warm, entertaining, unabashedly unpretentious minibiography

You ARE a raconteur, you know

Yes, a raconteur in the best sense of the word.

Also, in a parallel sense in that the greatest compliment a NASA man could impart to a fellow NASA man was this:

"You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile man."
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 2:04 PM   #160

Glad to meet you, Kate!

You live in one of the most photogenic states in the Union. How far north are you? I have a friend who lived in the northern section where the sun can be out even at midnight, though there is also a literally dark side to that coin.

(Most of us with cameras hate having our own picture taken.)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote