Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 12, 2003, 10:04 AM   #31

Chuck, that dog is so cute, he looks like a little Gremlin!
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 6:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua B
Chuck, that dog is so cute, he looks like a little Gremlin!
Thanks, he is a 6 lb Chihuahua. He loves everyone.
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:30 AM   #33

Hi Guys and girls,

I am 35 years of age and live in the North East of England, with Sharon my girlfriend of 17 years

I have been into photograghy since about 7 years of age and evolved from film to digital about 5 years ago with a Kodak 210 and upgraded to an Olympus C4000 at the beginning of this year, I am seriosley thinking of trading in my 35mm Canon body for a 300D body, but seeing as I am currently out of work I will have to wait a bit.

We have 2 children Reece our 2 1/2 old and Ellie our 10 week old see http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=13730

Here is a pic of me indulging in my other hobby

This was taken by Reece (note the low point of view) and we are going to get him his own camera for christmas, cos I am sick of having to fight with him over mine.
jabtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:29 AM   #34

Chuck, you can have some of our snow...we get way too much up here on top of our mountain in PA.

This was last winter. The snow blower was in the garage (pictured on the left). It took a long time to get to it shoveling by hand

Carl
cfrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:57 AM   #35

I'm impressed by the difference in age of people in this forum : it ranges from 18 to 58.
It is not so easy to find something that is shared by almost 3 generations at the same time.

As far as I'm concerned I'm almost in the middle since I've born in the far , at least for me ;-), 1963.

I discovered digital photography at the end of april, when I bought my first cam.
I took some shots before but they were only snapshots.

However I remember when I was a child and my father had a real passion for photography and he was developing his photos by his own.
I still remember when he spent the nights in the kitchen with the enlarger and the three basins for develpment, fixing and ( i do not remember)
As well as I still remember the smell of the acetic acid : was it the second basin for stopping the develpment ?
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:18 PM   #36

i'm Bert and i live in a small island in the pacific called, GUam. its a US territory so , yes we are citizens of the US.

started photography back in college. learned to use most of the theories behind SLR cameras. i'm very grateful for that, it sure openned many doors and options for me in my digital picture "harmony" pursuits.
my friend tea and i on my birthday party 8)

berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 1:18 PM   #37

brtsergio -- ALL of it smelled poisonous to me. I'm so happy to be out of the darkroom and into the light of Photoshop.

(Is there no one here older than I am at age 58?)

Bert -- Your link didn't work. Press the URL button, insert the full link while making sure to include http://, then press the URL button again. To make sure you've done it correctly, press the Preview button at the bottom of the screen to see if the link shows up properly (highlighted) in your message. (Don't feel badly. I made a total mess of linking the first time I tried.)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:04 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrick
Chuck, you can have some of our snow...we get way too much up here on top of our mountain in PA.
Carl
Carl.... Thanks, I hope we have one big snow and then five days later have temps in the 60's! I would get tired of the amount of snow you get every year.

People up north think we are “NUTS” wanting snow. You must understand we get very little snow in Alabama. Other than a dusting the last snow in Birmingham was March 1993. It broke all records.

MAXIMUM in 24 hours 13.0 inches March 1993
MAXIMUM in a single storm 13.0 inches March 1993
MAXIMUM in a single month 13.0 inches March 1993
MAXIMUM in a single season 13.0 inches 1992-93

Last year I did give my Grandson a 7” snow! Was it really for my Grandson or me? Only yard on the block with snow!

http://www.servicewithasmile.com/photos/snow
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:21 AM   #39

Up here near Boston, MA, last winter was too much snow. I like to cross country ski, so I like snow... but it just kept coming and coming and coming. I don't know what the winter total was, but I'm sure it was up there. I regularly shoveled 10" inchs at a time. Pulled a muscle in my chest during one of them. No fun.

And just to torment me, it was mostly heavy, icky snow. No good for skiing at all.

bcoultry

There have been a few older than you here... but I haven't seen them in awhile. I hope we didn't scare them off!

berto

I don't think Yahoo supports direct linking (but I could be wrong.) Most places don't. If you know the html page that has the picture, you can always post that link and we'll view it from there.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:22 AM   #40

double post
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote