Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:43 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
Unfortunately, being an engineer by training I?m rather critical in my own photography (and to others, if they ask.) I need to loosen up a bit and be more creative. But it?s a hard habit to break.
I actually appreciate your comments here. Constructive critisism is the best way to learn.
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:04 AM   #42

Amsterdam ... I've got some friends there..
Love that place...
But i live near Eindhoven... in one of those really small farmervillages That's a bit boring if you compare it to amsterdam
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 9:42 AM   #43

Hi. I'm going to try to answer Melanie's original post faithfully.

I was born in Western Massachusetts and grew up in a little town called Russell. At age 7 we moved to the Metro Boston area. I went to Christian schools from grades 1-12, then graduated from Emerson College in Boston.

I'm 31 years old. I rent an apartment in Acton, Massachusetts, USA.

Relaxing at my friend's place in Stowe, Vermont

Riding the single chair at Mad River Glen in Vermont

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 and 1/2 years. She is very even-tempered and I really appreciate that quality most. She works in the travel business and as a result of that and her love to travel, we have been on a lot of trips including England and France, Miami, San Diego, Los Angeles, and Montreal.

I work in the music business. As a side job I write a weekly column in the Gleaner Extra, a free NYC-based entertainment paper for the Caribbean community.

I have no pets but grew up with a wonderful, sweet black cat who lived to be 17. I love animals but especially cats so whenever I can, I enjoy friends and acquaintances' cats.

Skiing is probably the thing I do best, and I love the mountains of New England. In fact, I have never skied outside New England because there is still plenty of challenge waiting for me here.

I am proud of the fact that I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs. In fact I never have. That's right, never taken a sip of beer or even wine.

Musically, my all-time favorite group is the Cocteau Twins. I also like New Order, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, deep house, '80s pop hits, reggae, salsa, and lots more stuff.

I support the Boston Red Sox baseball team and right now is a great time to be a fan. Maybe the best time since 1918!
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 12:43 PM   #44

Joshua,

The "Gleaner Extra" a Carribean rag?

Wow that name reminds me of the Daily Gleaner from Kingston, Jamaica.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 1:17 PM   #45

Yes, the same parent company, put together by The Gleaner Company in Queens, NY.

Selvin, I noticed you're originally from Jamaica!
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 2:58 PM   #46

I am 59 years old, married for 35 years, saved by the grace of Jesus Christ, and the father of three children (2 girls and a boy). I have one granddaughter and another grandchild due in May 2004. I am a MIS director with a company in El Paso, TX and plan on retiring in three years. I retired from the Army in 1991 after 21 years of service. I have been using digital cameras since 1995. I love the concept of the digital camera world. It is a wonderful media. My main passions other than God and family is golf as you may guess with the Taylor Made cap I wear.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 9:44 PM   #47

OK, I've been out of touch for a bit. but I'm back.

I am 30, will be 31 in December, and live in Bartlesville, Oklahoma (a "city" of 40,000 which is about half way in between Tulsa and the Kansas state line; ConocoPhillips Petroleum Company was headquartered here until last year).

I have been married to Heather for 6 1/2 years and have a 4-year old son, Jackson (seen below).

I work as a Supervisor of Information Security for a helpdesk that is contracted to setup and diagnose issues with remote access (VPN, IP Dial). Anybody have any job leads? I need out of my employer, but back to the topic. My wife by day is a graphic designer for a credit union.

When I am not at work (which is not often), I am either trying to chase down Jackson and take him to one of his activities, helping my wife with her scrapbooking/rubber stamping/quilting, or involved at church. I have really only been seriously into photography this last year, primarily ever since I bought my Canon G3. I had an Olympus C4040, but found it too hard to use so I never really ventured out.

Damon

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:01 PM   #48

dcrawley

You have a cute son. Great photo!
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 11:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua B

Skiing is probably the thing I do best, and I love the mountains of New England. In fact, I have never skied outside New England because there is still plenty of challenge waiting for me here.
Donít ever ski Utah or even Colorado. You will never be happy in the east again.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 8:06 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipe
Donít ever ski Utah or even Colorado. You will never be happy in the east again.
And no, Slipe isn't bashing NE Skiing (or is he?) I have a few downhill skiing friends who, after going out to Utah, said the same thing.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote