Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:05 AM   #1

Hi guys.

Another photo I'd like to share with you:

A bigger version can be viewed here

Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed!

many thanks,

Matt

Read about this shot and others at my photoblog:

Imagespike
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:00 AM   #2

It's somewhat thrilling to look at this image the first time! Your friend has such a stretchy face indeed:-) ...and his hand on the razor really suggest the next action!!

The 3D look is incredibly successful, thanks to your painstaking labour you mentiond in your photoblog!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:31 AM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

It's somewhat thrilling to look at this image the first time! Your friend has such a stretchy face indeed:-) ...and his hand on the razor really suggest the next action!!

The 3D look is incredibly successful, thanks to your painstaking labour you mentiond in your photoblog!

As ever Bahadir, i'm always very pleased when you like one of my shots!

A quick question, what do you believe the next action to be with the knife? I'm curious as to how you interpreted the shot....
Old Nov 4, 2008, 2:13 PM   #4

I already said it in another post - I think you really develop(ed) your own style and although it looks a tad too clear, too sharp, too detailed etc. it is still more photpgraphy than painting and an interesting mixture of object, scenery and technique.

I still seem to miss something very basic in the layer stuff as none of my projects has the slightest touch of what you do and so there isa bit of unknown mystery involved, which makes things even more interesting.

Thanks for sharing,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 12:16 AM   #5

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
As ever Bahadir, i'm always very pleased when you like one of my shots!

A quick question, what do you believe the next action to be with the knife? I'm curious as to how you interpreted the shot....
Oh, it's always been delightful to observethe artistic photos coming from you,Matt!

As for the quick question: Theperfect tension there on the on the stretched cheek and the aggressive sharpness of the razor (whose lustre 'dodged' the wooden background) under a 'restless' hand easily bring them together in the mind ending withan action like that of Van Gogh's:!the reasons may vary though)...Yet, having already a scar on the other cheek, the subject retains somewhat playful look in his eyes gazing on the observer, which tell me hewouldn't really do it !!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 2:25 AM   #6

lol incredible Bahadir, your ingenuity is impeccable! Van Gogh's was in fact the idea behind the shot! As ever I am extremely impressed with you breadth of knowledge!

Your reference to the eyes is also interesting, they do convey a little bit of humour. When you break the image down into its individual components it is quite absurd, especially for a model (my best friend) to pose whilst keeping a straight face! Although the whole of these parts is quite disturbing, the actual shoot was very funny, with my friend laughing most of the time!

Also…not a drop of Absinthe was consumed in the making of the photo!