Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:30 AM   #1

Nazım Hikmet Oratorio by Fazıl Say (both names -the name of the oratorio and its composer-belong toprotest artists!)for the70th anniversary of Atatürk's death attracted an audience of 16.000 (with tickets) overcrowding the enclosed sports arena in my town givinganother message to the political party in power; )

Allhandhand @ 1/6'' and 1/8'' , andon foot by default! since there was nowhere to sit. (the exifs are embedded)

#1is a stitchwork of four vertical shots (make sure you seeboth ends : )

#2) 70mm tele end of the lens withsome cropping. You can see the composer, Fazıl Say, at his piano.

#3) @23mm

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2008, 9:31 PM   #2

WOW, very impressive turn out for the event as well as your captureof the event. Still don't know how you can hold a camera that still at the shutter speeds you use. Bet you could have heard a pin drop once they started playing.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:07 AM   #3

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
WOW, very impressive turn out for the event as well as your captureof the event. Still don't know how you can hold a camera that still at the shutter speeds you use. Bet you could have heard a pin drop once they started playing.
Thank you for your kind remarks!Well, myold zazen days might be helping somewhat, for the rest Inow rely on the on board SR feature of myK10D : ) Btw, you're quite right about the attention of the audience!
Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:10 AM   #4

Nice pics Bahadir! I always look forward to your images, as they are a window to your world.
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:57 AM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Nazım Hikmet Oratorio by Fazıl Say (both names -the name of the oratorio and its composer-*belong to*protest artists!)*for the*70th anniversary of Atatürk's death* attracted an audience of 16.000 (with tickets) overcrowding the enclosed sports arena in my town giving*another message to the political party in power*; )

All*handhand @ 1/6'' and 1/8'' , and*on foot by default! since there was nowhere to sit. (the exifs are embedded)

#2) 70mm tele end of the lens with*some cropping. You can see the composer, Fazıl Say, at his piano.

Wow that is a full blown orchestra and chorus. You have any link re some mp3 of the music itself.

For every people in N Am, Turkey seems to be still very Muslim . But I do know they are a lot more cosmopolitan than we thought.

Your have made full use of the SR and resolution of K10D. Job well done.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:57 AM   #6

double post
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:30 PM   #7

shadokachr wrote:
Quote:
Nice pics Bahadir! I always look forward to your images, as they are a window to your world.
Glad to receiveyour kindfeedback : )

.................................................. .......................

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Wow that is a full blown orchestra and chorus. You have any link re some mp3 of the music itself.

For every people in N Am, Turkey seems to be still very Muslim . But I do know they are a lot more cosmopolitan than we thought.

Your have made full use of the SR and resolution of K10D. Job well done.

Daniel
Thank you Daniel! Should you searchfor 'nazım oratoryosu' inYouTube, you'll find the ones with English subtitles even ; ) Here's one ofmy favourites whose english version is there: ''Little Girl'' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmNDkK08cyY

You're right;quite cosmopolitanfitting the heritage of Anatolian civilizations... LOL! However, some politicians in N Am seem very eager tohelp transformTurkey into a mild islamic country, though it isclearly statedin the constitution that the state does not have an official religion! Well, even the Islam interpretation in Anatolia is much different than others...quite a human centeredinterpretation whichcould be expressed as'enel hak' or 'God iswithin myself'!

Btw, I think I'll keep the K10D for quite a while, and invest money in lens : )