Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:12 PM   #1

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:34 PM   #2

Wonderful shots, Daniel. Why did you take down the others? I had looked at them and was going to come back and comment. At least you left my favorites, lol. I love the colors in the first one, and the design of the headgear in the second has had me laughing ever since I looked at it the first time. Great work.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:35 AM   #3

Very neat images witheye catchingcolours and facial expressions! I, too, would like to see the rest of the series

Cheers!

Bahad─▒r

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 4:33 AM   #4

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
┬*

Very neat images with┬*eye catching┬*colours and facial expressions! I, too, would like to see the rest of the series

Cheers!

Bahad─▒r
Paul, Bahad─▒r

Thanks for the positive input.

I was posting in a haste. Here is the rest

Daniel
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:23 PM   #5

Great, very people oriented.

You could probably sell these to the parade organizers!
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:32 PM   #6

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Great, very people oriented.

You could probably sell these to the parade organizers!
Thanks. 20K people took pictures. This was just for fun

In the earlier image I had more of her colorful wig . Still could not get the eye contact. This one is probably better?

Daniel
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:08 AM   #7

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
In the earlier image I had more of her colorful wig . Still could not get the eye contact. This one is probably better?

Daniel
Yes! It makes such a nice complement to theearlier imageYou might also addthis oneabove to followthe sequence.

Btw, thanks for sharing the rest of the series which cheered up the child within: )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:52 AM   #8

Wow Daniel, talk about living in a bubble. This is the first news I had the Parade took place and Im only 20km away. Having Satellite tv I dont watch Canadian channels, never listen to the radio, and dont read a paper other than the local town newspaper. I have to get out more. Your pics are great. Nice portrait captures, but for the benefit of those members who have never seen the great Parade of Toronto you should have taken some of the floats. They were always pretty attractive and cleverly built in years gone by. As a side note my favorite years of the Parade were the ones with the chimpanzee dressed as Santa Clause riding his tricyle amongst the clowns and marching bands. And again, thanks for the reminder of what I missed.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:28 PM   #9

Really nice work.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 3:58 AM   #10

John, bahadir

Thanks for the positive comment

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Wow Daniel, talk about living in a bubble. This is the first news I had the Parade took place and Im only 20km away. Having Satellite tv I dont watch Canadian channels, never listen to the radio, and dont read a paper other than the local town newspaper. I have to get out more. Your pics are great. Nice portrait captures, but for the benefit of those members who have never seen the great Parade of Toronto you should have taken some of the floats. They were always pretty attractive and cleverly built in years gone by. As a side note my favorite years of the Parade were the ones with the chimpanzee dressed as Santa Clause riding his tricyle amongst the clowns and marching bands. And again, thanks for the reminder of what I missed.
Quite a few people took a lot more images of the floats for this yr Toronto Santa Parade.

Maybe next yr you can spend a day to explore Toronto

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-ta...19248364/show/

For me I have to say that was excuse for taking in your face portrait for strangers which normally would have been no-no. And that is why I always use long lens.

Like you I am more a suburb person and I cannot put up with young and able-bodied people coming to you for change (in any major city)

Daniel