Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:45 AM   #1

Hi guys,

Took these shots the other day. Unfortunately it was quite an impromptu street shot so I didn't have any of my strobe gear with me.

Fortunately, it was a nice cloudy and overcast day...best soft box in the world!

Any comments or criticism would be gladly welcomed!

Read about my photography at my photoblog:

Imagespike
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:11 AM   #2

Nice shots. You have cropped them both it seems exactly the same. Would be interesting to see them as animated giff.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:24 AM   #3

Actually, the Eyes have all! The two comperative 'impromtu'images you captured emphasize thatthey arewindows opening to the soul...Well done, Matt
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:17 AM   #4

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys, much appreciated!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 2:24 PM   #5

Is that the girl's natural colour of her eyes or are they coloured contact lens ? Or did the picture get some lab work? I'm not being critical, the eye colour doesn't seem quite natural. I could be wrong.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:39 AM   #6

Be careful what you ask for… (my crop was about one pixel off; sorry about that but it's 01:30 am here on the right coast of the USA) Nice picture anyway - love the lighting and the skin tones!

- Wil
Attached Images

Wil Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:38 AM   #7

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Is that the girl's natural colour of her eyes or are they coloured contact lens ? Or did the picture get some lab work? I'm not being critical, the eye colour doesn't seem quite natural. I could be wrong.
Hi Les, the original RAW was extensively processed in photoshop, however, the majority of the post work was on the skin. The intention in this respect was to try and get a translucent/glow effect which I think I acheived.

With regards the eyes, these are the original colour, with eyes like that you don't need to uundertake much post work! They were however lightened slightly as they were in shadow (wasn't using flash that day).

i think the eyes have a particular strong effect as they are a colour normally associated with fair/blonde people, not brunettes!

Hi Will, nice gif, although I prefer my photos static! ;-)
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:05 AM   #8

longside1 wrote:
Quote:
lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Les, the original RAW was extensively processed in photoshop, however, the majority of the post work was on the skin. The intention in this respect was to try and get a translucent/glow effect which I think I acheived.

With regards the eyes, these are the original colour, with eyes like that you don't need to uundertake much post work! They were however lightened slightly as they were in shadow (wasn't using flash that day).

i think the eyes have a particular strong effect as they are a colour normally associated with fair/blonde people, not brunettes!

Hi Will, nice gif, although I prefer my photos static! ;-)
Well she has beautiful eyes. My wife and children have beautiful light coloured blue-gray eyes and I think it's a celtic variation...darker hair...fair skin...light blue eyes.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote