Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:23 PM   #1

...to protest unemployement, poverty,corruption and dissolution of national assets by thepolitical party in power (whichhad already been found guilty as the centre of retrogadational movements and given penalty by the Supreme Court) Youmay have seen the earliermeetings I posted here:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=5

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...her+meeting%27+++

In short, yet another message to the party who's planning to take over Izmirat thenationwide municipalelectionsofMarch the 29th: 'Come and take'

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:39 AM   #2

Hi Bahadir

What fantastic photos you share of this obviously important event. Those red flags really stand out. (as does your red text).

I do hope and pray that all things would be considered by those in power for a fair and honest action according to the true justice needed.

Photographic-wise, I think for me, photos 1, 3, 8 and 10 present the strongest images. The expressions and emotions caught are clear, even from many people across a range of ages!

All the best, please do keep us posted - and how the city of Izmir is doing!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:08 PM   #3

Paul, thank you forthekind comment and indicating your favourite shots.Actuallythe ones in power are performing their agenda here in Anatolia they were expected to,regarding'some' ascendingglobal movement since 1980's...And I must say; one of my favourite columnistarrested recently,I'm not feeling so well, either! Anyway, seems like two weeks from now, after the nationwide manicipal elections, the city of Izmir willbecelebratingits pivotal roleyet again from the Aegean region of the country. Hope not remains a bitter one...

Bahadır

Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:38 PM   #4

Your pictures tell a good story of the unrest brewing in the wind. Picture #7 is my favorite, like the little boy on Dads' shoulders waving a flag in one hand and holding a treat in the other hand.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:43 AM   #5

Calicajun wrote:
Quote:
Your pictures tell a good story of the unrest brewing in the wind. Picture #7 is my favorite, like the little boy on Dads' shoulders waving a flag in one hand and holding a treat in the other hand.
Thank you forthe feedback.It's indeed a virtue toremain sociallysensitivewhen especiallythe postmodern consumer ideaology leads the individuals with 'confused identities'intosort of cocoons reminding those in the film'Matrix'...

Btw, that's one of my favourites also: theonewith the little boy on his father's shoulders holding the flagwhile trying to feed himself with the round bagel we call 'gevrek' in Izmir, but called 'simit' in the rest of the country: )
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:01 PM   #6

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ i hope everything goes good for you arkadas, i like all the pictures i also like #7 with the little boy eating his Koulouraki as we call it here
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:03 PM   #7

hercules wrote:
Quote:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ i hope everything goes good for you arkadas, i like all the pictures i also like #7 with the little boy eating his Koulouraki as we call it here

Thank you for your good wish as well as the feedback arkadaş. Yes, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ showed! As I'm writing these lines'thepolitical party in power'has received an utter defeat in my city, as the 75% of the votes for themunicipal elections has been counted nationwide! In short,Izmirdid not surrenderas expected of her, which means there's still elpida...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2q59VjtSs

Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:10 AM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for your good wish as well as the feedback arkadaş. Yes, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ showed! As I'm writing these lines'thepolitical party in power'has received an utter defeat in my city, as the 75% of the votes for themunicipal elections has been counted nationwide! In short,Izmirdid not surrenderas expected of her, which means there's still elpida...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2q59VjtSs

Thats great arkadas, there is always Ελπιδα
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:43 AM   #9

Every picture tells a story, and your photos represents this well.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:37 PM   #10

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Thats great arkadas, there is always Ελπιδα
Thank you arkadaş! Btw, I forgot to say the link I pasted above wasone of the clips used by the present metropolitan municipalitywhich has won another five years term! Starting right at the middle of it (00:30), you'll see the cultural center whose pictures I had shot and posted here during its construction:''Reeds of iron'' at Landscapes photos

.................................................. ...........

alex james wrote:
Quote:
Every picture tells a story, and your photos represents this well.
Thank you for your insightful comment! So the rest of the story is; Izmir has re-elected the local government whichis compatible with her identity, discrediting the promises of thepolitical party in poweryet again