Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:24 PM   #1

So, my daughter comes and tells me . . . "I want to cut off my hair."

My immediate response is, "Think about this Madelyn. It took you a long time to grow it. Once it's gone, it'll be a while before it grows back."

"I know daddy." She replies. "I want to give it to the kids that don't have hair because of cancer."

I was suddenly at a loss of words while my eyes started to tear up.

"Madelyn", I stuttered, "You make me so proud . . . You know that? I will absolutely support you!"

---

Well. That was a few weeks ago.

Now the date has been officially set.

Madelyn has an appointment to get her hair cut off (10 inches) on April 19th, 2009 to donate it to "Wigs for Kids".

So yesterday, we went down to the park to take some pictures of "Madelyn with long hair", before it's gone!

Take care, yours truly,
Glen

P.S. We had a lot of fun taking these pictures. I, especially, had a lot of fun playing with my new Pentax AF540FGZ in FP Sync mode! <grin>

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:45 AM   #2

How proud to see the kind of awereness in one's child, indeed! My daughter writes petitions to the major about children who are 'less fortunate', whichmakes me question my daily concerns...Children are reallysuperior in some ways.If only theywouldn't loose their enthusiasmas they grow into another creature: Adults!!

The fun you two had is observable in her face : ) I especially liked the timing in #4, as she wasascending to the clouds! Very powerful flash indeed, btw,which can make some very difficult scenarios possible!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 9:48 PM   #3

What a proud Father you must be!! Children are so ........hmmmm whats the best way....un-adult.

Your use of fill flash in these shots is excellent.I must agree withbahadir, the timing in #4 is excellent. Striving for the clouds, and me thinks, someday she may just get there,(speaking figuratively, of course.
SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:54 AM   #4

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words.

I read them to Madelyn while she waited to get her hair cut.

Here are some pictures from yesterday that I took.

It is at Young Headz in St. Catharines. The salon that was holding the event for Wigs for Kids. On that day, any child that was having their hair cut off to donate to Wigs for Kids would not only get their haircut for free, but also got their nails done, ice cream and other treats!

On hand was Carlo Turvani, who started up the first Canadian Chapter of Wigs for Kids back in 1997. He has his own salon (actually more than a salon) called Transitions Studio.

--

Madelyn is sitting and waiting at Young Headz in St. Catharines to get her hair cut by Carlo Turvani of Transitions Studio. Carlo started up the first Canadian Chapter of Wigs for Kids back in 1997.

--

Madelyn's New Do!

--

Also on hand were two young ladies that are recipients of the Wigs for Kids program. Here Madelyn gets a hug from one of these young ladies for her gift.

--

Just as we were leaving, I snapped this last shot of the two lovely young ladies that are recipients of the Wigs for Kids program, Madelyn and Carlo.

Take care, yours truly,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:50 PM   #5

you must be extremely proud of your daughter Madelyn, I would be your daughter as done a wonderful and and a very brave thing which she indeed comitted to...... AMAZING !!!! MADELYN IS A LITTLE STAR :-D
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:25 PM   #6

She's just as precious with the long flowing locks removed, tactic. For sucha a cause, a few months is nothing, if it gives the needing and deserving something. As I amsure the two young ladies that attended could atest to.

And as simple said, Madelyn, THE STAR!!!

SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote