Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:00 PM   #11

Attached Images

Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:00 PM   #12

Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:00 PM   #13

Hi Doc,

I would like to try this one day. But boy what pressure!

I am a 100% Amateur here so don't put any weight to what I say next but I wanted to add some of my personal tastes and opinions before the pros weigh in.

I think these are great and agree with the couple who should be very happy with these.

1. Is not bad just not too interesting to me - but I'm sure it is to the bride.

2. I like a lot. Very lovely bride.

3. Nice smile but I like seeing her eyes more in #2.

4. Not my favorite because it seems a little over exposed and out of focus.

5. This is fun! If that is part of the families on the left it makes for even better memories.

6. I like this shot a lot. His face could be a little sharper but I really like the posing and setup.

7. I like this one a bunch. Really enjoy the background - gives a sense of location.

8. I don't like as much because of details missing from the couple and with such a lovely bride I want to see her face.

9-12 The last 4 in the water I think are great. Action, lots of fun, details, focus, very very nice and number 12 is pretty steamy too. Very Nice!

Andy
griffina6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:05 PM   #14

Thanks, Andy! I gotta say, we seem to have similar opinions of these shots. I particularly relate to what you said about 3 - I agree that the portrait isn't nearly as strong or effective as 2.

Thanks so much for your criticism and comments, i very much appreciate it!!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:42 PM   #15

Nice going for a first wedding. I'm more into formal style (may be another way of saying I'm old) of wedding pictures. Just haven't been able to shoot this new style of wedding photography I'm seeing nowadays. So that puts you about 40 years (did I say I'm getting old) ahead of me in shooting weddings. Keep up the good work.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:12 AM   #16

Hey, aren't they the very couple whose engagement pictures you had shot in a snowy setting and posted here some months ago?? Surely they wouldn't look for another photographer : )Your photosreally do justice to the happiness of this pretty couple! Oh #6, #9 and #12 make a pretty 'mini' serial within the whole
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:19 AM   #17

Thanks calicajun! I admit that i wish i had a lot more formal experience when i was shooting the group portraits. I had real problems posing them and it shows (which explains the absence of them on here).

Bahadir, you are absolutely correct that this is the same couple! Good memory. They are an excellent pair and I think they have a long, happy road ahead. Thank you for your comments, as always!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:32 PM   #18

Dr. Mr. Vandertramps wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir, you are absolutely correct that this is the same couple! Good memory. They are an excellent pair and I think they have a long, happy road ahead. Thank you for your comments, as always!
My remembering the coupleis, in fact, your success,which proves one thing: Their representationthrough your pictures was too good to be forgotten! Oh, btw, what a great thing social media is : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:14 AM   #19

Some really impressive shooting. Clearly, numbers 6-12 are my favorites. The water is clearly important to this couple, and you establish the theme with inclusion of the starfish necklace in the early portrait shots. Of the early group of shots, #2 is clearly my favorite because of facial details and the necklace. #4 is the least interesting. I like the idea of the B&W of them going down the steps, but the bride's face is not visible.

In the next group, my favorite is probably the contemplative shot with the husband in the foreground. However, the rest of them are also so good that it's hard for me to express a preference.

This couple conveys a feeling that they were a lot of fun to work with and you have given them some really terrific memories. Well done !

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 6:27 PM   #20

paul, thank you so much for your kind words and criticisms. I really appreciate it!!