Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:45 PM   #1

Hello,

Here is just a random shot I took while taking pictures on Saturday.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Attached Images

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:25 AM   #2

i think this little fellow as been in the wars LOL plenty of bruising
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:42 AM   #3

Well captured candid indeed! Guilty like the fox with feathers in his mouth, I'd say :lol:

I'd only suggest alittle highlight/shadow on his face to heal the slight flashflare thatmay look somewhat distracting.

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:53 AM   #4

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
┬*

Well captured candid indeed! Guilty like the fox with feathers in his mouth, I'd say :lol:

I'd only suggest a┬*little highlight/shadow on his face to heal the slight flash┬*flare that┬*may look somewhat distracting. ┬*

┬*
Double post.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:53 AM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
┬*

I'd only suggest a┬*little highlight/shadow on his face to heal the slight flash┬*flare that┬*may look somewhat distracting. ┬*

┬*
Thanks for your comments. I know about the light and shadow that should be on his face. Unfortunately, this was not possible in the setting I was in.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:06 PM   #6

shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:

I'd only suggest alittle highlight/shadow on his face to heal the slight flashflare thatmay look somewhat distracting.

Thanks for your comments. I know about the light and shadow that should be on his face. Unfortunately, this was not possible in the setting I was in.

Thanks again.

Oh, I'm sureit wasn't! Who can ask a candidto comform the standarts of a studio jobafer all :-) I only meanta quickuse of highlight and shadow 'tool' toremovethe 'slightly' distracting flashy look:|

Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:49 PM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
┬*

┬*

Thanks again.
┬*

Oh, I'm sure┬*it wasn't! Who can ask a candid┬*to comform the standarts of a studio job┬*afer all :-) I only meant┬*a quick┬*use of highlight and shadow 'tool' to┬*remove┬*the 'slightly' distracting flashy look:|
Could you show me an example of what you mean and how you would accomplish this?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:36 AM   #8

shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
shooting_rubber wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Thanks again.

Oh, I'm sureit wasn't! Who can ask a candidto comform the standarts of a studio jobafer all :-) I only meanta quickuse of highlight and shadow 'tool' toremovethe 'slightly' distracting flashy look:|
Could you show me an example of what you mean and how you would accomplish this?

Thanks.
With pleasure mate! First open the image withthe Photoshop,chose the magnetic lasso or quick selection tool toselect the T shirt of the boy first.Then find the Shadow/Highlights tool under the 'image' menu and push the Highlights slider by7-8 stops until the bright whiteness of the fabrics does notdistractfromthe subject'seyesanymore.Then you may wish to select his face to attain a bit more homogenous lighting playing aroundboth the Highlights and Shadowssliders there, but I wouldn't advise exceeding 10 stops in each one so as not to sacrifice image quality.You can, again, conceal any resulting noise using the Neat Image plug in for the selected part only. Ah....and some cropping off from the righthandside to be able to fill the frame more of the subject, which meansfarewell to the extra space for the 'bp photography'. In the end you won't attaina day and night difference of course, but just salt and pepper to an already remarkable image. So, I hope youdon't findmysimple suggestions abovealtogether unnecessary...

Cheers!

Bahad─▒r