Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:23 AM   #1

Having deeply admired the way she conveyed usthe audience her intense sentiments, I couldn't help but capture at least afew frames, ah,so swiftly and silently!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:17 PM   #2

bahadir

just 3 questions

1, how did you get your camera into the hall?

2, you mention, "swift and silently", the lighting must have been a nightmare, how did you cope?Sufffice it to say, you caught it ...which leads to my next question

3, What was she singing? I know this a Photography forum, but still....curiosity did kill the cat..:?The emotion in the 2nd shot, just bades the question.

SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:33 AM   #3

SternSteve121 wrote:
Quote:
bahadir

just 3 questions

1, how did you get your camera into the hall?

2, you mention, "swift and silently", the lighting must have been a nightmare, how did you cope?Sufffice it to say, you caught it ...which leads to my next question

3, What was she singing? I know this a Photography forum, but still....curiosity did kill the cat..:?The emotion in the 2nd shot, just bades the question.
3. Actually 'Music is the shortest distance between two people', isn't it?Youraskingwhat she was singing is quite justified in this regard, andnothing requiresless excuse than your question I'd even say : )No wondersomeone writes a thesis on 'music in photography, poetry in photography' someday!

Funny! shesang from the musical 'Cats' referring to curiosity you spoke of :-)...and and from the musical 'My fair lady',as well as from the opera 'Carmen'. The performance took placealmost five months ago at theCentre Culturel Français in Izmir. Btw, her name is Selmin Günöz and she's an artistof the IzmirState Opera and Ballet. She also has her own music school in Izmir.

2. I used the 'spot metering' for exposure, 'single focus point' for the AF,and shot in raw (for the extended DR, truerer colours and less noise). Isimply find my K10D relible at such occasions : ) The exifs are embedded.

1. I haven't been bothered about this issue so far. Simply put my camera in my plain, black 'FAT' camera case and hang on my shoulder. C'est tout: )

Thank you for your kind appreciation.

Bahadır.

Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:22 AM   #4

Bahadir, you have outdone yourself. Incredible shots. Particularly the first one, where the only movement seen is in her hands. Just perfect. I too would like to know what she was singing.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:33 AM   #5

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir, you have outdone yourself. Incredible shots. Particularly the first one, where the only movement seen is in her hands. Just perfect. I too would like to know what she was singing.
Thank you for the great incentive my friend!I feel rewarded formy decision of posting themafter almost five months!Perhaps I shouldprint that particular oneinA4 sizeandpay a visit to her music schoolabout the districtI live togift her simply : )
I shotthe picturesat some interval, sotheymay coverfrom 'Carmen' to'Memory'from the musical 'Cats', which she performed like a spell...ah, it's been five months after all, but I'm happy to conveya reflectionof the sentimentswhich fascinated me then, through these acceptably exposed images...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:51 PM   #6

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
In case you hadnt gathered, I concour with Bynx:-)!!

Perhaps there is a thesis coming regarding the music in photography, and poetry in photography. Perhaps written Izmir, Turkey
SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:54 AM   #7

Very good my freind great expressions as well and yes RAW RAW RAW no matter what we shoot well done Bravo
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:26 AM   #8

Very nice color and lighting. You must have had a really good seat to get that level of detail with only 53mm of lens. You got good shots at a much lower shutter speed, and consequent lower ISO, than what I have been using for shooting stage presentations with the K20.

More and more I am convinced of the wisdom of shooting RAW. About the only time I'm shooting JPEG only any more is with sports, where the larger file sizes overload the buffer in burst mode.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:38 PM   #9

SternSteve121 wrote:
Quote:
Bynx wrote:
Quote:
In case you hadnt gathered, I concour with Bynx:-)!!

Perhaps there is a thesis coming regarding the music in photography, and poetry in photography. Perhaps written Izmir, Turkey
hahaha nice to see you again with that humorous 'deconstructive' comment:-)As for the thesis, actually I had written one called 'music in painting, poetry in painting'to complete my master's degree. So, pretty good guess indeed The upcoming one for the doctorate could be ' the role of social media in the emerging ofcreative individuals (or artists) in society'. Any input is highly appreciated : )

Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:38 PM   #10

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very good my freind great expressions as well and yes RAW RAW RAW no matter what we shoot well done Bravo
I liked the motto you uttered 'RAW RAW RAW' :-)Thank you for the incentive my friend!

.................................................. ......

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Very nice color and lighting. You must have had a really good seat to get that level of detail with only 53mm of lens. You got good shots at a much lower shutter speed, and consequent lower ISO, than what I have been using for shooting stage presentations with the K20.

More and more I am convinced of the wisdom of shooting RAW. About the only time I'm shooting JPEG only any more is with sports, where the larger file sizes overload the buffer in burst mode.

Paul
Actually I had a relatively good seat, which is a merit of buying the tickets online seeing the goodones before they are occupied : ) You know I had decided to upgrade my skills before upgrading the camera. You might also remember myexperimentation ofshooting @ iso 6400 with the K10Dwhose iso limit is1600

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=80

Actually I had a good opportunity recently (or just missed it!!) when someoneproposed to buy my camera for an amount I could easily add a little more and buy the K20D. Btw,as you also experieced, raw doesjustice to colours especially. Thank you for your kind appreciation; so pleased to hear from a known experienced Pentax user:-D

Bahadır