Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:45 AM   #1

I've worked as a part time AV technician for companies who wants to set up shows, a part time construction worker even though it's usually simple things, and a Videographer but the sad thing is that I've done less Videography work even though that's my passion and I do have an Associates Degree in TV Broadcasting but it's difficult getting gigs for that because it's best to have a professional Camcorder with XLR inputs and sometimes lighting gear for certain gigs, and not having a car makes it even more difficult. You wouldn't believe some of the gigs I lost out on. One example is I would have been an extra for a Paramount film but couldn't mainly because I didn't have a car to travel over 30 miles each day. I'm still glad I was one of the people selected. While I'm at it, I'll include that I was in the U.S. military for a little over 3 years and worked for UPS as a seasonal driver helper for a little less than a month last December.

Out of desperation, I started including Photography gigs in my work searches thinking that it shouldn‘t be too difficult going from Videography to Photography, and after a few months, I finally got a Photography job and it's with a company that takes fan photographs for the Boston Bruins. Not bad for my first ever photography gig.

Anyway, I started last night and you'll see my photographs in galleries 11 to 14. The photos gets bigger when you click on them but not that much. They were taken with one of the companies Nikon 40D's.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...ery_id=1508943

If there is a better place for this thread than please move.

Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:32 PM   #2

I remember your pictures of the Azores in Landscape Photosas wellsome footage you added there. Happy to read that you've found a related jobto your interests on your behalf!Wish the same to some friends : ) Hey, besidesyou have a dslr to photograph now! Actually you haven't been drifted away from your stronghold; the video, since a film director is expected to know well about photography, which really shows in great productions...As for the images I saw following the image, I find the the way watermarkapplieda bit muchdisturbing.Also some candid shots of the fans would be quite welcome rather than 'ordered' look. Oh, hope you don't mind! Anyway, keep up the good work mate! I'd expect to seeyour further 'selected' shots here in bigger size: )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 2:19 PM   #3

The way it works is by approaching the fans and tell them if they want a photo taken. Once I take at least one photo, I give them a card that tells them where to purchases the photos. I cannot take any candid shots. Once I'm done with all the photos, I have to give the DSLR back.

I have no control over the way the website is designed. I don't think they would allow me to post some of the photos on my own site.

The next home game is on the 25th and theirs no guarantee that I'll be selected for it because they have a lot of photographers to choose from and only around several gets selected for the games. They haven't told me what they think of the photos yet but I see that I could have taken some of them differently and I'll be more creative next time I ever get the chance.

Even if that ends up being the only game, I'm thankful I got the chance because it'll be much easier for me looking for photography jobs. Telling people that I worked as a Boston Bruins fan photographer will sound impressive.

Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 3:53 PM   #4

Paulo Teixeira wrote:
Quote:
The way it works is by approaching the fans and tell them if they want a photo taken. Once I take at least one photo, I give them a card that tells them where to purchases the photos. I cannot take any candid shots. Once I'm done with all the photos, I have to give the DSLR back.
I have no control over the way the website is designed. I don't think they would allow me to post some of the photos on my own site...
I had no idea about your job description except for a slight assumption.Thanks for sharing! Sounds a strict one to me,especially having to give back the DSLR once you finished with it However,the joballows you great opportunity for photographic experience, which is sooo important! So, I'd be pleasedto hear about the rest of the story:|
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:03 PM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
However,the joballows you great opportunity for photographic experience, which is sooo important! So, I'd be pleasedto hear about the rest of the story:|
I couldnt agree more, you are getting the expierence, and exposure( please pardon the pun), which is all important.
SternSteve121 is offline   Reply With Quote