Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 15, 2009, 5:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
If you give up portrait photography that will be an injustice to beautiful women everywhere, let alone us guys who are attractively challenged, looking on.
Hahaha! You cheered me up again my friend ...So, you remind me of my mission that lies ahead of me in the way of beauty !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
I agree with Bynx, do not stop. My favorites are 2 and 5, and please give us more of her... I think you have just begun... Robert
Thank you so much for the encouragement and the order of preference! You can see one more above. Hope it goes well. So that I've submitted six out of six from our recent mini session : )

.................................................. .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Davis View Post
Nice pictures, and such beautiful eyes! I think that #2 for the composition (#3 is nice but the wisp of hair is distracting; in #1 she's not looking into the lens, it almost looks as if she's a cast in her left eye), and #5 for the lighting.

- Wil
I quite appreciated your kind feedback indicating your opinion for each of your picks as well as your keen observation skill : ) As for the left eye in #1; indeed it looks that way in that particular picture! In fact, I like portraits and busts whose turned eyes direct that of the observer to somewhere, enjoying the intriguing theme. So I'd like to come up with better examples soon ; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 9:09 AM   #12

Oh, wow!!!!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 10:47 AM   #13

Default Balcony

I am no expert bahadir by a long way, I just see a beautiful lady and a photographer with a good eye for this sort of thing. excellent photo.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 2:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh, wow!!!!
Hey, thank you : ) I had her see these lines as she popped in recently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex james View Post
I am no expert bahadir by a long way, I just see a beautiful lady and a photographer with a good eye for this sort of thing. excellent photo.
Dear Alex, I haven't forgotten the ones whose insightful comments I've benefited from since a long time ago
Old May 18, 2009, 3:45 PM   #15

Hi Bahadir,

I need to get myself on that balcony...beautiful skyscapes and even more stunning model!

I think that the frontal pose works much better, and you have captured the features of your sister in law very well.

As mentioned earlier, I think the lighting on the face is uneven, with there appearing to be a brigther area to the neck. Also, you have to be very careful when using on camera flash, as it can be very harsh and directional light which can be very unflattering.

As an allternative, try just using a reflective surface for fill flash (kitchen foil etc)...you would be amazed at how much fill you can get from improvised materials, and the light is so much softer and flattering.

Hope this helps!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 10:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by longside1 View Post
Hi Bahadir,

I need to get myself on that balcony...beautiful skyscapes and even more stunning model!

I think that the frontal pose works much better, and you have captured the features of your sister in law very well.

As mentioned earlier, I think the lighting on the face is uneven, with there appearing to be a brigther area to the neck. Also, you have to be very careful when using on camera flash, as it can be very harsh and directional light which can be very unflattering.

As an allternative, try just using a reflective surface for fill flash (kitchen foil etc)...you would be amazed at how much fill you can get from improvised materials, and the light is so much softer and flattering.

Hope this helps!
You're most welcome my friend! Would you have beer or wine?? As you mentioned, especially the direct on board flash with limited sync speed on an uneven lit subject can ruin everything! So kitchen foil?? Oh, I'll give it a go! Thank you.
Old May 20, 2009, 8:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
You're most welcome my friend! Would you have beer or wine?? As you mentioned, especially the direct on board flash with limited sync speed on an uneven lit subject can ruin everything! So kitchen foil?? Oh, I'll give it a go! Thank you.
Rioja! ;-)
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 5:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by longside1 View Post
Rioja! ;-)
C'est bien! After all, everything is possible in this 'glocal' world : ) You might also like to try the Urartu or Hittite taste...
Old May 22, 2009, 8:18 AM   #19

Thanks for sharing the series. #2 is outstanding, the tilt of her seems to bring much of her personality into the picture.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 12:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac.smith View Post
Thanks for sharing the series. #2 is outstanding, the tilt of her seems to bring much of her personality into the picture.

A. C.
Thank you providing the kind feedback with insightful explanation regarding the tilt, which, perhaps, also reveals the playful inventiveness in the subject : )