Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 23, 2009, 4:01 AM   #21

1, 3, & 6 my friend but they are all great pretty girl also, i also like the DOF, nice work arkadas
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 6:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
1, 3, & 6 my friend but they are all great pretty girl also, i also like the DOF, nice work arkadas
Hey, just as I was thinking you were delayed...here you are arkadas Thank you for indicating your order of preference and kind appreciation. Considering the cheering feedbacks, perhaps I should arrange another mini session with her but with a new theme!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 9:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Hey, just as I was thinking you were delayed...here you are arkadas Thank you for indicating your order of preference and kind appreciation. Considering the cheering feedbacks, perhaps I should arrange another mini session with her but with a new theme!
Yes sometimes i am late but do show up arkadas another theme would be great but be sure to include some bikini pictures of Hadise
Old May 28, 2009, 7:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Yes sometimes i am late but do show up arkadas another theme would be great but be sure to include some bikini pictures of Hadise
Hahaha so you haven't forgotten about her:'Hadise'....meaning 'event' in Turkish Btw, there were also some other 'events' in Eurovision 2009, let's say, from the balkans!! weren't there? Oh, well, I'd appreciate an exclusive session of course...
Old May 28, 2009, 7:07 PM   #25

Default some thoughts re: balcony photos

Hi Bahadir

You have again shared some great photos. Personally my favourite is #6 (especially the large version - it again shows to me how a good photo shown larger has so much more "impact")!

Photo 2 is also one I appreciate a lot, she seems to "engage" with you (the photographer) the most (from the first 5), and her smile and eyes present a genuinely happy face.

After some thought, however- I realised 3 reasons why photo 6 is still my overall favourite:
a) because her eyes seem softer (maybe less direct flash?) and larger when she is looking away
b) the distant gaze has a "question inspiring" aspect to the photo ('questions in photos' are often good!)
c) all the other photos, I have a feeling that the wind is slightly "annoying" and blowing her hair in front of her face (hence the hair clip) - and so if I was on the balcony, standing in front of her talking with her face to face - I would naturally want to swap positions so that she does not have her hair blowing in front of her face (and this wouldn't be a problem to me, as I have short hair!)
Now this (point c) might not actually be true. The wind might not have been blowing or annoying - but it's the "feeling" I get from photos 1-5. Therefore, it leaves me with that (initially subconscious, but later, more conscious) 'niggling' aspect to it -because obviously I can't "swap places" via a photo!
Photo 6 has none of this (point c) - so it makes me feel more "comfortable" with the composition.
Hope this makes some sense. Sorry if I seem crazy, but I sometimes think outside the box about what makes a photo special, and contrast things, and that is why photo 6 continues to be OUTSTANDING!
Your reflections?
Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 8:54 PM   #26

2,5 and 6 are great, Lovely model and great shots as allways.
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 11:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Hahaha so you haven't forgotten about her:'Hadise'....meaning 'event' in Turkish Btw, there were also some other 'events' in Eurovision 2009, let's say, from the balkans!! weren't there? Oh, well, I'd appreciate an exclusive session of course...
Yes the balkans were very nice as well, but lets don't forget last year
Sirusho from Armenia she was super hot arkadas
Old May 31, 2009, 5:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Bahadir

You have again shared some great photos. Personally my favourite is #6 (especially the large version - it again shows to me how a good photo shown larger has so much more "impact")!

Photo 2 is also one I appreciate a lot, she seems to "engage" with you (the photographer) the most (from the first 5), and her smile and eyes present a genuinely happy face.

After some thought, however- I realised 3 reasons why photo 6 is still my overall favourite:
a) because her eyes seem softer (maybe less direct flash?) and larger when she is looking away
b) the distant gaze has a "question inspiring" aspect to the photo ('questions in photos' are often good!)
c) all the other photos, I have a feeling that the wind is slightly "annoying" and blowing her hair in front of her face (hence the hair clip) - and so if I was on the balcony, standing in front of her talking with her face to face - I would naturally want to swap positions so that she does not have her hair blowing in front of her face (and this wouldn't be a problem to me, as I have short hair!)
Now this (point c) might not actually be true. The wind might not have been blowing or annoying - but it's the "feeling" I get from photos 1-5. Therefore, it leaves me with that (initially subconscious, but later, more conscious) 'niggling' aspect to it -because obviously I can't "swap places" via a photo!
Photo 6 has none of this (point c) - so it makes me feel more "comfortable" with the composition.
Hope this makes some sense. Sorry if I seem crazy, but I sometimes think outside the box about what makes a photo special, and contrast things, and that is why photo 6 continues to be OUTSTANDING!
Your reflections?
Paul
You made my day with such a great feedback Paul! Actually, one thing which amaze me is that sometimes I submit a photo as 'an addition' and it surpasses the ones which were origianally intended! So, I always feel curious about the upcoming feedbacks. I regretted that I hadn't put the bigger versions of the pictures 1-5 upon reading your comment. Hahaha (point c) is why I chose this part or the city to live in, and hope we can clink glasses in the very balcony one day : ) Fortunately the wind never ends, but sometimes can be annoying! I simply preferred the clouds and sea as background for the subject, ah, and a touch of sunlight playing on her shoulder neck and face... I must also say you did a good issue mentioning about the 'distant gaze' the examples of which we apprecite dating back to antiquity! Again, thank you my friend!
Old May 31, 2009, 5:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexedviking View Post
2,5 and 6 are great, Lovely model and great shots as allways.
Thank you for the kind words and indicating your preference. Looks like we have things in common : )

.................................................. .....

Quote:
Yes the balkans were very nice as well, but lets don't forget last year
Sirusho from Armenia she was super hot arkadas
hahaha, you have good taste, arkadas, and a matching memory Well, I can say that she'd have had her own temple if she had lived in ancient times
Old Jun 1, 2009, 5:55 PM   #30

I like #6 the best. Her direct look definitely plays up those great eyes, but I like the way the light brings out and softens her features when she looks away from the camera.

All are very good, nice use of fill-in flash.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote