Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:19 AM   #11

These are great exposed shots very good and also great model, great work
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:44 AM   #12
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
These are great exposed shots very good and also great model, great work
Thanks! I'm hoping to do more of her in a better setting (ie, not my deck) when we both have free time.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:30 PM   #13
conor

playing with my newest software purchase. what do you think? is it overdone? (the original is a bit higher up in this thread)

Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:58 AM   #14

Wow! This new software is going to be your best friend for a while, I would guess. I like her look in this pic (she's already beautiful), but I think maybe not quite so much "treatment", or at least a more subtle treatment. All in all, a very nice effort. BTW, what software is it?

Robert

My edit is for the purpose of changing my opinion a little. After further review (I miss football) I think it may be the display on my laptop which made me think she was a bit "over done". Maybe someone else will help me out...

Last edited by Hawgwild; Jul 15, 2009 at 1:02 AM.
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:48 AM   #15
conor

it was done with portrait professional v9 in about 15 mins.

quick, dirty, and the PS gurus will call it cheating

Edit: now that i see it on my good LCD at work, I tend to agree - it is a bit overdone...

Last edited by conor; Jul 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:04 PM   #16

LMAO IM A USER OF PORTRAIT PRO...... havent updated to v9 yet still on 8xxx the upgrade costs 19.99 for the studio as it works on raw

simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:11 PM   #17
conor

nice edit!

i assume you like the software?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:53 PM   #18

the software is great ..... i bought it earlier in the year then upgraded from pro to studio then a couple of months later on they brought out v9 thats why i havent upgraded yet ..... i like the easyness of it like you say you can achieve great results in just a couple of mins.

i have tried v9 trial and there is some new features and seems to cut out a little more time i often start by reducing or turning the head face sculpting off.

as for your model she doesnt need the editing but if you insist very little/minor

Last edited by simple; Jul 15, 2009 at 11:56 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:08 AM   #19
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
the software is great ..... i bought it earlier in the year then upgraded from pro to studio then a couple of months later on they brought out v9 thats why i havent upgraded yet ..... i like the easyness of it like you say you can achieve great results in just a couple of mins.

i have tried v9 trial and there is some new features and seems to cut out a little more time i often start by reducing or turning the head face sculpting off.

as for your model she doesnt need the editing but if you insist very little/minor
I started with an... unauthorized copy of v6. I played with it for about an hour and bought the full version online.

I too find that the new version (versus v6) sculpts WAY too much and turn it off immediately after selecting the points. the biggest "face sculpting" change I usually make is 'expression' (and occasionally a tweak to the eyes)

My only major complaint is that I haven't figured out how to reliably edit pictures where only one half of the face is visible. as soon as one eye is out of frame (head turned to one side) or the subject is winking, it gets pretty tough...