Originally Posted by musket View Post
A very lovely model for the shoot
and all very nice shots and edits,
I thought I might try an edit as well

Color pilot for the white balance then
softened with more noise reduction
and then the channel mixer
set to fuji velvia for this version.
Thanks for the feedback in blank verse! Thus, I see another good take on #3 (your fave as with Mark perhaps), the skin tone being better than #4 at least, but, I think, the background should be applied separately, perhaps somewhat closer to Mark's.

Btw, I heartily welcome edits/variants from fellow members! Ah, when long sessions are concerned though, known by experience, just remember the myth of Pygmalion

Last edited by bahadir; Jun 17, 2009 at 11:04 AM.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:45 PM   #12

Hey, there I found another one in the sd card and put above in the set!, shot with the on board flash like #2, and the cheek not broken by the nose!! I wonder, according to your good taste, how it compares to #3 (with non flash) or #2 (which she has already chosen as avatar for her Facebook!), and if it (picture Z!) has made any change in your order of preferce.

(Picture Z)

Last edited by bahadir; Jun 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:55 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a winner!!!! This shot is really lovely, good lighting, nice pose and still a pretty model LOL. The only thing that would make this better is if she was smiling as in 3...... yep, I'm soooo fussy.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a winner!!!! This shot is really lovely, good lighting, nice pose and still a pretty model LOL. The only thing that would make this better is if she was smiling as in 3...... yep, I'm soooo fussy.
Haha Never mind Mark, I can, too, be considered a bit much fussy : ) Anyway, thank you for the acclamation Well, I won't go so far as to merge these two images But now, where's the SD card for an 'Image Ω' (to the model):'...sing my angel of music...sing!!!'*

Last edited by bahadir; Jun 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:41 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
sing my angel of music...sing!!!'*
Phantom????
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Phantom????
That's right Good for driving, having sb pose, editing and everything else! Don't you find?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:58 PM   #17
Super Moderator

I do like a bit of Lloyd Webber. I went to see Phantom in London about a month ago so seen it 3 times now. I still think Les Miserables is my fave musical but nearly all musical theatre is right up my street.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:49 PM   #18

If you like a bit of Lloyd Webber, then you must also appreciate Cats and Evita a bit I suppose! Ah, as for 'Les Miserables', I love everthing related to it : ) Still, I find the Phantom most motivating for kind of jobs I mentioned, you know, all in good time as you keep all these cds in the rack ; ) ...Or else my favourites are often Operas such as Aida!! On the other hand 'what the model would like to listen and feel' is as important, so that the observer could feel the rhymes in the image, the music in the image perhaps, which was missing in my balcony I must confess! And I believe it is required in the set up like the lighting...
Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:14 AM   #19

Very nice again arkadas actually i like the profile in #1 the best and on the 2 smaller pictures below i would pick the first one that seems striking,
well done my friend
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 8:25 AM   #20

Default Brilliant Bahadir

Not just the sunsets / view, but also these portraits are "top work".

Like Hercules, my favourite is actually photo 1! ("winner" is very subjective, hey?!)

But all are very well composed and carefully edited photos imho. Your sister in law should be happy with the results.

Did you do a lot of post processing on her skin, because otherwise she has a pretty flawless complexion?!

The amount of background blur is very good for these.

I think the angle of her face in photo 1 and also the sharpness of her eyes, AND the earrings make it a great combination (I'm not a big jewellery fan generally, but I like those earrings - they seem to match / suit her very well!)

Cheers!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote