Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:01 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Yes, our little hero has already decided which path to follow, the path of a revolutionary worker. Just look at his right hand
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jun 18, 2009 at 6:34 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 7:12 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Here Little Thor is leaving for the Big Wide World, accompanied and protected by one of his newly won friends

End
Attached Images

Old Jun 19, 2009, 7:16 AM   #13

Excellent series Torgny cute kid, i do however see noise in some shots,
well done btw
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:16 AM   #14

Default Great series

Hi Torgny

Thanks for sharing with us this little fellow - not just some "photos of a stranger" but also the interaction that you could have with him and his dad (as well as your dogs!)

That's great and imho, so important -to talk with people and find out some things about each other.

About the photos, an interesting series - and I think photo 1 is my favourite (his facial expression there is very appropriate for his age and walk). And the shadows across his face and the composition hint at some mystery / unknown and I like that. I also like the photo with you dog obviously interested and friendly alongside.

The blue of his clothes (denim) is very blue in some of the photos. But I think in reality it was very bright blue, wasn't it?! Because the other colours appear quite natural.

Good shots, and while maybe some have a bit of noise as hercules wrote, they're still great.. Thanks for sharing!

Paul (PS - Bynx, you cracked me up with that.. you're always such a lateral thinker, good on you!)
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Torgny

Thanks for sharing with us this little fellow - not just some "photos of a stranger" but also the interaction that you could have with him and his dad (as well as your dogs!)

That's great and imho, so important -to talk with people and find out some things about each other.

About the photos, an interesting series - and I think photo 1 is my favourite (his facial expression there is very appropriate for his age and walk). And the shadows across his face and the composition hint at some mystery / unknown and I like that. I also like the photo with you dog obviously interested and friendly alongside.

The blue of his clothes (denim) is very blue in some of the photos. But I think in reality it was very bright blue, wasn't it?! Because the other colours appear quite natural.

Good shots, and while maybe some have a bit of noise as hercules wrote, they're still great.. Thanks for sharing!

Paul (PS - Bynx, you cracked me up with that.. you're always such a lateral thinker, good on you!)

Paul,

Thank you for engaging i these photos. Much appreciated. And, yes, one should always be careful with the accuracy of colours.

This little friend, and his dad, were a joy to meet. Thor was unaware of the camera when I made these pictures. Making photos of models is not my cup of tea.

He was very interested in the camera later on though. He examined all the buttons and wheels. His father told me he'd probably become some kind of mecanic as a grown up

People photos - well, I prefer dogs - they are easier and If you get to know them you can make some decent pictures.

I have been asked to produce dog photos and when that happens I take the dog and his "owner" out for some activities in the forests or by the coast. With some luck ....

Well, the social environment is important, as you say. That goes both for dogs and humans. Haven't met little Thor and his father John since, but i would very much like to

All the best

Torgny