Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:33 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default The Weekends Wedding, Christian and Hindu Ceremonies

I was shooting a wedding today with a twist as there was the usual church service and then a hindu ceremony. This meant that there was pretty much 2 of everything so that made life interesting.

I'm just back and have downloaded the shots so quickly went through them and choose a few to share.

All shot with either Canon 5D mkII with 24-105mm f4 and Canon 1D mkIII and Canon 70-200mm f2.8.

The main problem with 2 formal parts was that our shooting time was really cut down so I don't have the number of shots of the couple together that I would like which is a real pain but having an extra 2 hours out of the day made life a bit hard.

Hope you like them.

Mark
Attached Images

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:34 PM   #2
Super Moderator

A couple more
Attached Images

Old Jul 5, 2009, 12:47 PM   #3

Mark,

These are some very, very nice pictures. I hope you made a lot of money!

I'm not sure which I like best, although the bride's expression in the first shot is great - and it's the first direct proof of "Hindu levitation" that I've ever seen!

I notice that the bride got through the Hindu ceremony without the traditional henna drawings on her hands and arms.

Mike
mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:02 AM   #4

I've always admired pros devising scenes such as in #1 : ) I also liked the way you captured #4 featuring the 'starring' couple in brilliant costumes and prevailing reddish colour as if in film set! Yet it is #2 which is my fave
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:52 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_1 View Post
Mark,

These are some very, very nice pictures. I hope you made a lot of money!

I'm not sure which I like best, although the bride's expression in the first shot is great - and it's the first direct proof of "Hindu levitation" that I've ever seen!

I notice that the bride got through the Hindu ceremony without the traditional henna drawings on her hands and arms.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I do a few weddings a year for some pocket money so don't make loads but helps pay for new toys. Due to the very limited time they had it was decided to use stick on henna so not totally traditional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
I've always admired pros devising scenes such as in #1 : ) I also liked the way you captured #4 featuring the 'starring' couple in brilliant costumes and prevailing reddish colour as if in film set! Yet it is #2 which is my fave
Thanks Bahadir, with 4 I was using my usual low light dance style which is to set high ISO and slow shutter to capture ambient lighting (supplied by the band) and then the flash will freeze the subjects. I also rotate the camera a little while taking the shot to create some movement, you can see this in the window frame on the left..... it depends on my mood and how extreme I want the effect to how fast I rotate.

I agree, 2 is my fave, I like natural shots rather than posed ones. Admittedly this was captured why one of the guests were getting a shot of the happy couple but I get bored of loads of staged ones.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:24 AM   #6

I like all the photos and the couple should be well pleased with the results. I am especially taken by #7 with its juxtaposition of new and old and the couple on a diagonal path give it a timeless quality.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:53 PM   #7

Mark,

A truly striking set of photos. The blending of the two cultures comes through in so many ways. My favorites are 3 & 4--3 because of the power of the emotion in the shot and 4 because of the use of color and texture. You may have been pressed for time, but you used it well.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:44 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Thanks A.C. and Paul, that is the last wedding I have booked at the moment which is a shame, I keep turning them down as I'm planning to be moving so can't commit.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:04 AM   #9

I like # 2 and # 3. These pix have excellent focus, very nice background. They have a very nice three dimensional aspect about them. # 3 also has a 'personal connection' with the two newly marrieds looking in each other's eyes.`
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:29 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
I like # 2 and # 3. These pix have excellent focus, very nice background. They have a very nice three dimensional aspect about them. # 3 also has a 'personal connection' with the two newly marrieds looking in each other's eyes.`
Thanks. It was the first time out with the 5D mkII and I'm very pleased with how well it performed.