Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:15 AM   #11

i know what your saying vandertramps... im not going for the natural look here maybe i should have posted in a different catogary .... maybe some days i just have too much time on my hands LOL i think if i spent the time out with my camera more ..more would be achieved
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:14 AM   #12

Like i say, simple, they are very close to the examples you posted, so you were able to recreate the effect very well!!
Dr. Mr. Vandertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:35 AM   #13
NHL

Very nice work!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mr. Vandertramps View Post
I'm of the personal opinion that when you notice processing's been done, you've done it wrong. in these examples, the photos are secondary to the processing, instead of the other way around.

To be fair, I think they are pretty similar to the examples you posted, especially the latter ones. I just think the examples are, themselves, are overprocessed.
Ditto. The first thing I notice is the processing and not the image.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:40 PM   #15

Default I like them - a lot!

Simple, I think those pictures are great!

Phenomenal clarity and sharpness, down to the most minute detail - I specially like the big pic in post #6 - except for the strong (HDR?)-halo around his head.

I admit, the pix are overprocessed - but thats always the case when exploring new techniques or processes. It's quite natural to go 'overboard' at first - thats how you learn! After a while you will realize that 'less is more' and contain yourself gradually.

The only thing that you missed, Simon is the right spot to post those pictures. Instead of in the 'People Photos'-forum (where fellow-members expect great photos with nice and proper finnish) those shots should have been posted in the Critiques and Techniques section - where the guidelines in section #1 state, that you may post:

"...to get advice and guidance on your work as well as to share a technique or process."

If you would've done so, the attention would have been more on the process than on the photo as such.

If you can get the right picture from the shot on the left - then it is quite amazing.

I'm quite intrigued by this series and the process, so I would gladly learn more about it. Feel free to explain the process to me / us. I have heard of the 'Dragan-effect' - is it anything like that?

Thank you for sharing, Simon!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:10 PM   #16

yeah thats what it is walter the dragon effect but the guides i have read are for cs xxx i only have elements 7 at the moment so i sort of read the guides and watched a couple of online videos and converted them to elements 7 maybe i got mixed up somewhere i dont know . i wrote down everything step by step it is quite easy to do but as mentioned how far you go depends .
simple is offline   Reply With Quote