Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:16 PM   #1

Default Female model in princess dress

I am taking a photography class...and last night's lesson was about shutter speed, and we took a few pics out by a pond. Most of the shots were taken with the model spinning in her dress..so we could freeze that action. I happened to like the still shots better. lol. Here are two that I thought were pretty decent. Always open to suggestion, as I have LOTS to learn! Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by photoguru13; Aug 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM.
photoguru13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:00 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i like the processing, composition and presentation of the first 1 alot. definately my favorite of the 2.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:15 PM   #3

Thanks..it was hard to get her attention and catch the expression, since there were 7 other students trying to take photos as well. She was looking everywhere, I got lucky with that shot. I think that's (first pic) my favourite one too.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 3:57 PM   #4

The second shot will be greatly improved by lowering the saturation.

Give it a shot and see.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:18 PM   #5

Thanks Dave...My original has good color, but I purposely wanted to exaggerate the color in the one I posted. A little more vibrant, while the original is a little too flat looking for me. I guess playing around with color is all part of the learning process. I really drained the color from the first pic, and I kind of like that look (over the super saturated color in the 2nd pic). Thanks for the tip Dave.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:20 PM   #6

I like what you have done to the left pic. The color of the model and her dress looks pretty natural while the grass she is sitting on and the background looks somber and serene. Unfortunately her pose looks like one of the outtakes rather than the pic of choice. Ah well, she looks happy. As for the pic on the right, while I really like the expression on her face and her pose, the saturation is so way over the top looking at it through my shiny new monitor I have to put sunglasses on to look at it for any length of time. With the outline going on around the dress, it looks like she is a cut and paste in the scene. Id be interested to see the two originals to understand better how much pay we have there to come up with something spectacular.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:31 PM   #7

i like the one where shes sat down, but i would have liked to have seen just the edge of the skirt on the right, apart from that i think its great. the second pic is a bit to oversaturated for my monitor, and i think if her head was turned slightly towards you. thats just my opinion though and its not worth much
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote