Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Closed Thread

Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:02 PM   #1

Default Street Scenes VIII -

My latest series, hopefully showing improvement.

The first image, untitled, is of a horde of photographer who decended on the Lower East Side. One of them lit up like a candle when he saw me photographing them. Can anyone guess which one this is?

"Some people like to be photographed, some don't"

"Time and motion"

"Don't even think about scratching my BMW"

"Inner Zen"

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
One of them lit up like a candle when he saw me photographing them.
I love it when people smile for the camera .
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
I love it when people smile for the camera .
He was a photographer, he couldn't help himself.

The next thing he did was to take my image, so I immediately ran over and beat the crap out of him for taking a picture without permission. The way I figure it, I have an inner permit to snap shots, of You, but no one else has a permit to snap shots of Me!!!

Perhaps I'm kiddding here.

I had already put my camera away, and had an interesting conversation with the group. Mostly about my dog. Most of them unlimbered their equipment to take shots of Him! They were there primarily for the architecture, but a 120 pound white dog always gets attention.

Dave
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:53 PM   #4

Quote:

The next thing he did was to take my image, so I immediately ran over and beat the crap out of him for taking a picture without permission. The way I figure it, I have an inner permit to snap shots, of You, but no one else has a permit to snap shots of Me!!!

Dave
You continually show me what a putz you are. Why not just show your pics and cut out the stupid remarks. The issue is over dont keep on about it.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
You continually show me what a putz you are. Why not just show your pics and cut out the stupid remarks. The issue is over dont keep on about it.
My last attempt at humor was innapropriate - This time I was right on the money. May I suggest you learn how to laugh?

If that's impossible, than at least comment on the image, as opposed to when I make fun of myself?

Dave
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Um, I would disagree. I like to read, too. And besides, it's good to realize I share the same exact sentiments .
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Still. His smile seems to be of someone who would smile at any camera -- even disposable ones.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:11 PM   #8

Regarding "Time and Motion", is there a technique to your panning? Like, do you measure (or estimate) the distance to where the subject is going be when you take the shot then manually focus your lens according to the distance? It looks so sharp...
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:12 PM   #9
Administrator

Quote:

Perhaps I'm kiddding here.
Perhaps. But, this issue has been discussed before (sarcastic remarks concerning posting of candid photos) and in my opinion, these types of comments serve as flame bait designed to stir up trouble (since you're already well aware of the impact these types of comments have on some of our other members).

Let's stick to discussing the photos, versus arguing about the ability to take them and/or making remarks designed to offend others or stress your point of view.

This thread is closed.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:18 PM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
P.S.

Despite the sarcastic comments, we expect member to remain civil here.

I'm getting really tired of repeating this. We will not tolerate name calling and personal attacks in the forums.

If you just can't resist taking that approach in your posts, then don't post at all.

JimC

Closed Thread