Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:21 PM   #1

Default Sister in the woods

Hi Everyone,
Pic of my sister in thought rolling a cigarette in the woods. she's like Ray mears and was living there for months on her own. I really like this pic of her as it just sums up the feel of her life in the woods (to me) but maybe it's just cos she's my Sis. Quality isn't great cos I took it with my phone but for me it adds to the feelings of that day. mark
Attached Images

condiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:42 PM   #2

If it was B&W, it would look like one of those turn of the century shots...
(Err, 19th century, that is)

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:43 PM   #3

A nice dreamy shot which brings clearer images to your mind of that day you took the pic. As Chato says, it would be interesting shot if it were a nice dark sepia.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:13 AM   #4

I, too, felt the mood you mention, sis or no sis -- just peace sitting in the dirt with Mother Nature in the background.

I thought however that the quality of the photo felt more Woodstock-esque (eh? the sound of that didn't sit well in my ears... ) like in the late 60s that I expected to see scratches and dust and a yellowing white border they put around photos back then.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
I, too, felt the mood you mention, sis or no sis -- just peace sitting in the dirt with Mother Nature in the background.

I thought however that the quality of the photo felt more Woodstock-esque (eh? the sound of that didn't sit well in my ears... ) like in the late 60s that I expected to see scratches and dust and a yellowing white border they put around photos back then.
He, heh, you must be young, they only become yellowish after time. When I was taking them, they were a clean white.

Dave
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
He, heh, you must be young, they only become yellowish after time. When I was taking them, they were a clean white.

Dave
Young -- but not that young. Old -- but not that old either. I seem to be in crisis unable to make up my mind. Is that why they call it that -- "midlife crisis"?
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
Young -- but not that young. Old -- but not that old either. I seem to be in crisis unable to make up my mind. Is that why they call it that -- "midlife crisis"?
Good question. And as soon as I have an answer, I'll post it on this board...

Dave
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:10 AM   #8

Nice Picture of your sister in the woods... It would look nice in any filtered way.. aged or black and white penciled oiled penned etc.... Lovely to have gotten something so precious as that one! And rolling a cig you can wave it before her when she starts to cough and hack... "See I told you and here is the prof of why!"
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote