Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I sure stand by what I said. When someone produces crap and calls it art and most people see it as crap, those few who rave and call it art I believe are just saying it to be different. If those people happen to be in key places in the art world the 'artist' gets noticed. I have a box full of art pictures if crap is what sells.
As we all know the junkie and drag queen lobbies are the most powerful organised block of people in the art world. Based on that proposition your remarks are correct. Of course other than just saying this, you have nothing else to base your statements on. I would be curious as to where you found this piece of biographical data?

Odd, but when impressionism first hit the art world, the critics went bananas, calling it, as one of them stated, "less than garbage." So much for Renoir and Monet, Manet, and Delecroix.

Personally I feel that Ms Goldin captures the feel and the moment of her subjects. And while I don't shoot the same subjects as she does, I certainly appreciate her talent and drive.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:11 PM   #22

Deleted by Calicajun.
Keep shooting Chato.

Last edited by Calicajun; Nov 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Wife told me to shut up.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
Personally I feel that Ms Goldin captures the feel and the moment of her subjects. And while I don't shoot the same subjects as she does, I certainly appreciate her talent and drive.

Dave
Someone high on drugs, with a camera, and let loose on the streets to photograph the dregs of society I would hardly call talented. Of course the drugs do contribute to the drive. Im betting she takes pictures so she will know what she did when she comes back down. I think any recognition she gets is sadly misplaced and more deserving to an honest photographer capable of producing photos that are more pleasing to the eye whether the subject is more

Last edited by Bynx; Today at 1:19 PM. Reason: Calicajun's Wife told me to shut up. pleasing or not.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Someone high on drugs, with a camera, and let loose on the streets to photograph the dregs of society I would hardly call talented. Of course the drugs do contribute to the drive. Im betting she takes pictures so she will know what she did when she comes back down. I think any recognition she gets is sadly misplaced and more deserving to an honest photographer capable of producing photos that are more pleasing to the eye whether the subject is more

Last edited by Bynx; Today at 1:19 PM. Reason: Calicajun's Wife told me to shut up. pleasing or not.
You are confusing your taste in photography, with eeryones taste in photography, and then pontificating on the subject. Worst of all you are confusing someone who has remained true to her artistic vision and juxtoposing her next to someone like Tina Brown; a woman who became famous, not because her work was good, or even controversial, but because she wore transparent blouses.

You don't like her work? Fine. But you seem to feel that not only do you have to attack her work, but you have to do so by attacking her personally. Personally, I avoid the position of casting the first stone about people - When I become a Saint, (June 4th, 2023) maybe I'll change my approach.

Dave
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:34 PM   #25

Hey you mentioned her first. Im just saying there are better role models to copy.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Hey you mentioned her first. Im just saying there are better role models to copy.
I thought we were talking about photography?

Dave
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:22 AM   #27

Yeah that's right.. I like your photography, but the first pic was little bit dangerous!!
micahcastillo is offline   Reply With Quote