Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:57 AM   #221
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
Note: Most of my images are with a 24mm prime, so my working range is 5-15 feet, 20 feet max. When you are closer, it is easier, because few will give u a second thought.
I check this thread ..everytime I am here...keep posting.

can you explain tho, how working that close is easier? Why don't they give a second thought? Because they think you are shooting past them??
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 1:35 AM   #222
Senior Member
 
jgredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles...
Posts: 1,175
Default

Transformed


The vampire


Going down


Planet funk
__________________
My flickr
My blog, where the eyes are the window to the soul.
Thank you very much, Javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:06 PM   #223
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
I check this thread ..everytime I am here...keep posting.

can you explain tho, how working that close is easier? Why don't they give a second thought? Because they think you are shooting past them??
In my own experience, it's important not to give people the idea that you are "sneaking" shots of them. This in an of itself sets off all sorts of warning lights - Whereas (which is nothing but the truth) you are engaging in a harmless activity and taking pictures of everything and anything that is of interest, including them.

Stick a camera into the window of this bar, and two seconds later this entire crowd of strangers is posing for me...



Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:42 PM   #224
Senior Member
 
jgredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles...
Posts: 1,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
In my own experience, it's important not to give people the idea that you are "sneaking" shots of them. This in an of itself sets off all sorts of warning lights - Whereas (which is nothing but the truth) you are engaging in a harmless activity and taking pictures of everything and anything that is of interest, including them.

Stick a camera into the window of this bar, and two seconds later this entire crowd of strangers is posing for me...



Dave
This is exactly what I have found. This is why short lenses are cool. It is more personal this way.
__________________
My flickr
My blog, where the eyes are the window to the soul.
Thank you very much, Javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:42 PM   #225
Senior Member
 
jgredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles...
Posts: 1,175
Default

Wax


Music


Tickets


The cafe
__________________
My flickr
My blog, where the eyes are the window to the soul.
Thank you very much, Javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:56 AM   #226
Senior Member
 
maggo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arzl im Pitztal/Austria/Europe
Posts: 1,135
Default

I really like #2... and the girl's expression in #4 is really cool... "Put that cam out of my face or I'll kick your xxx"
__________________
Markus Rimml Photography | Facebook | Twitter

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:12 AM   #227
Senior Member
 
jgredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles...
Posts: 1,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
I really like #2... and the girl's expression in #4 is really cool... "Put that cam out of my face or I'll kick your xxx"
Thank you very much. I get lucky some times

Ha


Up high


Blonds


Atm
__________________
My flickr
My blog, where the eyes are the window to the soul.
Thank you very much, Javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:56 AM   #228
Senior Member
 
jgredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles...
Posts: 1,175
Default

Ricoh XR-P, 99 cents cheap film and sears 50F/2.0









__________________
My flickr
My blog, where the eyes are the window to the soul.
Thank you very much, Javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:09 PM   #229
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: "Sunny" Seattle
Posts: 390
Default

I love the feel of the "Cheap film" set, a little grainy, colors a little different than you see in the "Digital" shots.
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:49 AM   #230
Senior Member
 
jgredline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles...
Posts: 1,175
Default







__________________
My flickr
My blog, where the eyes are the window to the soul.
Thank you very much, Javier
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.