Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:33 PM   #61
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post

Dave
this shot made me laugh outloud.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:50 PM   #62

Nice set of photos. I especially like the "sameness" between the dog and the woman in the #4 shot. I had to chuckle. (good catch). I've enjoyed them all.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:48 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
So Javier (and all the other guys), I hope you like this one - it was shot in London at Portobello Market (Notting Hill) last September and it's my first (and only) try to do street photography

Attachment 147103

Where I live, there aren't many possibilities/options to try street photography - my small village has only 2,000 inhabitants, and when I go out it seems as they are all in their houses

But I think I'll give it a try in August when I'm in Chicago and NYC for honeymoon
This is a nice street shot. I like it. The only thing I would have done is not crop so close. Aside from that, nice capture.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:49 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephotog View Post
Nice set of photos. I especially like the "sameness" between the dog and the woman in the #4 shot. I had to chuckle. (good catch). I've enjoyed them all.
Thank you. That is one of my all time favs
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:51 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
A new video game...

And a Big Brother to tell you it ain't so...

Dave
David, This is my favorite shot of the thread. What a beautiful capture.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:08 PM   #66

Here is a part of a series I did late last year.

Today I decided to go do some street shooting. I had other plans but changed my mind. I put together 12 care packages consisting of toilet paper, tooth brush and tooth paste, can foods, some candy and peach juice..
I had my son Daniel help me put them together and I was off to Venice beach. Since Daniel is not feeling well, I went by myself...

I met Danielle this day in Venice. Her sign pretty much says it all. I gave her a care package and said she especially appreciated the tooth brush and tooth paste. May God bless her.

As I was making my way around, this gal caught my eye. I went up to her and asked her what her name is. She said her name was ET because she had no home. I then gave her a care package and told her she was not junk...She told me she appreciated the tooth brush because she could brush her tongue as she had no teeth..The food she got was perfect because it was soft food, so no teeth, no problem... We spoke for a little while and as I left, she said to me, that she thought nobody loved her...I wish I could have done more...May the Lord Jesus bless her...

----------------------

Hi folks...Meet Pokahantas...Perhaps the sweetest and most appreciative of all the folks I ran into today...She had no hands and yet managed to get the food open and really she loved the kerns juice...She really appreciated the toilet paper as well...I told her she was every bit as pretty as the Indian Pokanahtas and that brought out a smile that I happened to catch... May God bless her...

--------------------------------------

Meet John...As my day was coming to and end, I passed this fellow by. He asked me for some money for food..Instead I went to my truck to see what I could put together. I had enough left over to put together one more care package...I gave it to him and talked with him for a little bit. When I was leaving, I asked him If I could take his picture. He said, yes, yes..I asked him to smile and he said he does not know how to smile. He forgot how too...I was crushed and again wished I could do more....May God bless John...

Picture made with Pentax K-7

If anyone is interested in more of this series, you can take a look here in my blog.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:38 PM   #67

i love #12 in b+w the texture in the trees against the compleex shapes of the building show an almost unreal contrast.

definatly inspiring
HaydnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:26 PM   #68

You're a good man, Javier.
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:59 PM   #69

There is no such thing as a ho hum shot, in a street series...each tells a story. Some bed to be told more then others...

What i like about these street shots is that I get to 'see' parts of the world at the 'real life' level. Places I've never been to, shown to me as the average local sees it.

These are priceless to me, compared to the glossy pro shots seen in a travel brochure..

This is definitely a subject area that I hadn't considered..but now will
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:46 AM   #70

jgredline, I love the last series of pics (Homeless Series). This series makes me think about how well I have it compared to others. Good work! and good on you for helping these people out.

Cheers
Steve
Steve71 is offline   Reply With Quote