Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:35 PM   #1

Default The impact of Chato on strangers - A new Technique - C&C welcome.

I've posted a number of pictures showing the reactions of people to Chato. It occured to me that I was not taking full advantage of this, and decided to try something new.

What I tentatively did on this Saturday Night, produced some interesting results. In the future I'm going to do this more often...

When someone comes over and compliments the dog, or expresses the desire to pet him, I simply hand them the leash...

(Now most dogs will (at least for a while) mindlessly follow whomever is holding their leash - Chato couldn't care less, but I do tell him (under my breath) to "wait here," and he will more or less obey this command.

Here's the first shot, and this woman was in a state of awe and confusion. She's barely holding onto the leash, having no idea of what to expect.

Here's a few pictures from another group of people, to whom I handed the leash.

A lot of emotion came out in these shots.

Finally one last image, which I wouldn't have posted, except while processing the image I noted a face in the upper left hand corner...

I intend to now go around handing Chato to passerbyes. And who knows? If the money is right, I'll sell the damned dog!!!!

(A side benefit, is that this method of "handing off the pooch," allows me to take pictures without keeping one eye open on what mischief Chato is getting into)

One last note. Chato enjoys this whole exercise more than I do. He thinks of this as very funny.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:39 PM   #2

The girl in white had a very interesting expression looking to chato I presume. Nice Chato series again. He is a very large dog. The first shot gives a great prospective of how big he actually is.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
The girl in white had a very interesting expression looking to chato I presume. Nice Chato series again. He is a very large dog. The first shot gives a great prospective of how big he actually is.
You better believe this pretty girl was NOT looking at me...

People don't get a grasp on how big he actually is, because, well, he IS a dog after all, and not a bear or a wolf, except he's as big as a good sized wolf...

That first shot was posted to give people a true picture of how big he is. When he stands up on his hind quarters he's 5 foot eight.

There are certainly bigger dogs than Chato, but his combination of size and beauty makes him legally, "An attractive nuisance...

Dave
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:18 PM   #4

4 and 6 are absolutely fantastic. You have a great gimic going there with Chato. Your confidence is also growing. Keep at it.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
4 and 6 are absolutely fantastic. You have a great gimic going there with Chato. Your confidence is also growing. Keep at it.
Without trying to be patronizing, and although others have given me valuble feedback, you've been the inspiration that keeps me plugging away!

Dave