Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 21, 2010, 6:55 PM   #1

Default First Try, Making a Group Picture

Did a photo shoot on January 30, 2010 for a 90th birthday party, took lots a pictures including 122 formal portraits. Just forgot to get the most important one, a picture of their Mom with all six kids. So I tried using PhotoShop Elements 8 and took five of the photos on hand that showed all seven people. This is my first try doing something like this with PP but Mom was really disappointed that the didn't get together for the group picture. So I just had to try something for her and her is what I came up with for her.
Attached Images

Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2010, 6:58 PM   #2

Is Mom the first woman on the right? If not, you did a DAMNED good job. If I'm right, the picture still works as a group shot. After all, except for us, who's gonna stare at an image?

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:05 PM   #3

Hi Dave,
The Mom is the one in purple. Oh shoot I just noticed that I cut some on the guys fingers off ( the guy with his arm around the shortest lady in the white blouse). That the third time I spotted something after I thought it was done. Thanks for the comments, this new software is making things alot easier to PP. Of course if I would do more PP'ing it would get easier too.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:11 PM   #4

wow, I am impressed. Fantastic job.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicajun View Post
Hi Dave,
The Mom is the one in purple. Oh shoot I just noticed that I cut some on the guys fingers off ( the guy with his arm around the shortest lady in the white blouse). That the third time I spotted something after I thought it was done. Thanks for the comments, this new software is making things alot easier to PP. Of course if I would do more PP'ing it would get easier too.
I'm especially amused about this topic because for years I did group photo's for a community group. And NEVER did they all show up at the same time - So I was constantly adding people in.

Apparently you DID do a damned good job, because I didn't spot Mom...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:22 PM   #6

LOL!!!....I thought the guys fingers looked odd but until I read your post I didn't know why

Great try!
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:22 PM   #7

Thanks guys,
Just noticed that I missed a bit of the collar on the lady in the white blouse. Don't mind that I missed the couple of details as much as I just realized that I didn't save the picture under different names as I worked on the shot. Now I'll have to start from starch as the final picture seemed to have merged all the layers into one layer. Oh well live and learn, now if I could just remember what I learn for day to day.

Again thanks for the comments, it tells me I am on the right track.