Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 12, 2010, 7:28 AM   #11

How did you get her hair to look like it is slightly blowing in the wind? This looks nice, though just a tiny detail, but I think it adds to the picture, instead of just hanging down behind her head and not seen at all.
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:17 AM   #12

A great image that richly deserves any praise, my friend. I particularly admired the way you arranged contrast (to the top right) behind the (central) subject drawing the gaze from every corner of the frame on her, exploiting the direction our eyes scan an image.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:01 PM   #13

I like this very much. It's so.....undescribable interesting and different!

Good work!

Immediately after I opened this thread, I felt that you have a 'soulmate' in a Norwegian figurative painter, called Odd Nerdrum, who paints a bit like you take pictures - especially this one her.

There is this special air of ambiance about that girl....

I know it's a bit far fetched, but i cannot help wondering if you two have something in common?

Odd Nerdrum: http://www.nerdrum.com/works/index.php?id=88

Anyway - great photo, longside 1!
:-)

Last edited by Walter_S; Mar 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post

I know it's a bit far fetched, but i cannot help wondering if you two have something in common?

Odd Nerdrum: http://www.nerdrum.com/works/index.php?id=88

Anyway - great photo, longside 1!
Thanks for posting these links - That first image does indeed share characterteristic of the photo. Very interesting!

But I'm commenting for another reason - This is one strange painting Walter. I was looking at it and wondering if it was a scene from some Viking story, and then noticed the modern rifles.

Wow!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
...I was looking at it and wondering if it was a scene from some Viking story, and then noticed the modern rifles.
Apologies to longside1 for hi-jacking his thread for OT-stuff, but I feel I have to answer Dave, as he posed a direct question to me.

Dave.
Time - as we know - does not exist to a great artist like O.N. - indeed for any great artist. O.N. was very early influenced by Italian Rennaissance painters like Caravaggio and his "Chiaroscuro" (the obscured light) paintings. Somehow O.N. not only paints in a chiaroscuro-style, but also makes some kind of time-transition between the Rennaisance, today (his self-portraits) and tomorrow.

Apart from that I think he is more futuristicly influenced than you and I give him credit for, as most of his paintings show an almost apocalyptic world or rather post-apocalyptic fiction-like world, thus the rifles - as you pointed out - are old reliques and are to be looked at more as symbols, rather than fire-arms.

He may be mixed-up in his head (I have met him personally once) about time as we know (or maybe it is we who are...?) but he is a dammn good painter IMO.

Thanks for listening Dave!

Last edited by Walter_S; Mar 20, 2010 at 3:59 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:51 PM   #16

That is an interesting fact how did you get her hair to blow as if the wind was blowing... Mind trickery fish line ? Come on now let us in on this one....
and Walter our kids of tomorrow will all have these connections of the past for there is not just One Book in our world today but quintillion of them and the mind stores so much information of all they see the more the child sees the paintings of the yesterdays painters Photographers drawings etc the mind records and will pull from each detail in some form. Its still a use you imagination world but along with it use what you have been given in other forms.. I first looked and it brought back Pinky and Blue Boy which I use to sit and look at on my great grandmothers fire mantel with so much happiness for that is what they gave me the feeling of along with all the other ceramic figurines she made... SSG
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote