Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:32 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default A Wedding in Egypt 15th April 10

Well I've not shot a wedding in Egypt since 2008 and now I remember why, they are crazy, although I'm pleased to say that this one was quite organised.

I will also say that this is the worst series of wedding shots I've ever taken, fortunately the couple invited me to help cover as they were not sure what the guy they booked was going to be like. However, even with very modest kit he looked to be getting the standard photos out of the way (boy do they like to get up close and personal with the couple during the service), so I decided to just shoot around a bit and try a few angles that would capture different things to him.

The church hasn't got a clue about lighting with many different temperatures going on so that really hurt me and still recovering from my ankle injury also meant that I couldn't get to low shooting angles easily so was more limited.

Anyway, I got home at just after 3am and it's now 4.15; I can never go to sleep until I've viewed all the shots and while doing so I grabbed a few (in no particular order) to share. I've not really done any edits as I'm too tired (bad form I know) so the colours are not great but hope you enjoy them anyway.

Shot with Canon 5DmkII, 24-105mm f4, 580EX and Canon 7D, 70-200mm f2.8 IS and 580EXII.

C&C welcome.

1 I love photographing people photographing people or things, it's just fun, so you will always find some of these in my collections. I know this is a terrible shot, I should have aimed the flash away from this subject and more onto the couple but my brain wasn't totally on it tonight.... then again the wedding didn't start until about 9pm.

2 Again, anyone who knows me will expect some slow shutter with flash dance shots.

8 Part way through we had a power cut for 10 minutes which was quite interesting so I decided to pump the ISO and try something creative with what light I did have.

9 I couldn't be bothered to join in with getting close so decided again to shoot those shooting the couple.

10 Then decided it would be fun to take a crop of the original to show what the others are photographing.

OK, so now it's 4.30am I think I will get some sleep!!!

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:21 AM   #2

Good captures, the only thing i can CC if you dont mind, is the horizons on some of the shots, besides that, great set.

Jeff
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:25 AM   #3

Beautiful set - you have some nice (different) perspectives in here... that's one of the advantages when you're not the main photog

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:43 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
Good captures, the only thing i can CC if you dont mind, is the horizons on some of the shots, besides that, great set.

Jeff
Apart from photo 9 which needs a straighten the angles are planned, there are wedding shoots that need to be straight but if you have too many straight it lacks energy and is very plain (admittedly with more awake eyes 11 needs some angle adding).

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:49 AM   #5

I acutally like the first shot
Not exactly sure how to put in words but its like looking from the view of person taking the photo.

8th one is cool. Is it blurred?
archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:50 AM   #6

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Very nice Mark. #1 and #7 (cake) are very unusual but very effective perspectives. How did you achieve the effect in #2...second curtain sync? I love weddings...thanks for sharing!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I like these Mark. the ability to not be first photo really let you be creative with some shots.

I like #3, 7, 8, 11 particularly.

i like #2, especially after you spend a little time on the pp to clean it up a bit.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:09 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by archish View Post
8th one is cool. Is it blurred?
Yep, slightly, it's one I included here to show my fun when we lost all power. It was 200mm f2.8 at 1/13s on a 1.6x crop body, I couldn't quite get it 100% sharp. It's not one that would be included for the B&G.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:12 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Very nice Mark. #1 and #7 (cake) are very unusual but very effective perspectives. How did you achieve the effect in #2...second curtain sync? I love weddings...thanks for sharing!

Jehan
Glad you like them. I always like to take something a bit different from the norm, doesn't matter if 1st or 2nd shooter (or guest lol). I didn't use 2nd curtain sync, I usually do but it just changes where the light pattern is.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:16 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
I like these Mark. the ability to not be first photo really let you be creative with some shots.

I like #3, 7, 8, 11 particularly.

i like #2, especially after you spend a little time on the pp to clean it up a bit.
Thanks Dustin, always value your view. Now you know I know little about PP so what would you do with #2 to sort it out? I want to get better at this aspect so any tips appreciated.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.