Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:19 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Wedding Adel and Evinees 7th Aug - Egypt

It was over a week ago that I shot this but things have been so busy with an engagement shoot and other things that I've not managed to get these on here.

Egyptian weddings are a little different to most of us are used to, for starters the couple will usually already have been to a studio for formal shots prior to the wedding so there is rarely a chance for any more posed shots which is a pain as both the church and the reception venue had some great options. This being the case it was basically reportage shooting with minimal interaction. This is fine as I managed to get a lot of guest shots and other details which I enjoy doing, as well as obviously the B&G on their day.

A selection from the day (well evening as the bride arrived at church 9.15pm for a service due to start at 8pm. I left the reception at 3am).

Shot with 5DmkII/24-105mm f4 and 7D/70-200mm f2.8 IS.

Any C&C really appreciated. One thing I've noticed, I'm getting into the habit of everything on a slant which is too much, so I need to get back to being more normal and using the angles for impact not every shot.

7 Arrival at the reception. Yes, the car has been driven into the venue.

Last edited by Mark1616; Jul 15, 2010 at 4:21 AM.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:48 PM   #2

A wonderful job. You're hired!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:00 PM   #3

Impressive! If I can get the magician to reveal his secrets, what did you use to capture the second shot?
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:04 PM   #4

I know you set up the groom getting out of the limo pulling his jacket. Great idea. Good feeling of "let's get going. i'm a little late". and how come in your candid shots, all the players look beautiful? I'm going to work on that. Thanks for sharing.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:15 AM   #5

Thanks for sharing those great shots Mark, they all look really beautiful!

BTW, if you haven't already seen his work, I'd like to show you the fantastic wedding photography of Marc Schwarz from Germany... I really love his style

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:23 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
A wonderful job. You're hired!
Thanks.... how much am I getting paid
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:26 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa_jim View Post
Impressive! If I can get the magician to reveal his secrets, what did you use to capture the second shot?
Nothing magic at all. I used an exposure that meant the lights were not too blown and then fill flash (with the wide angle adaptor on to help spread it evenly) at about a 30 degree angle (45 degrees and 90 were making the shadows too hard so I played around) and then did a pseudo HDR from the single frame to get the end result and even out the length of the church.

For the angle I was sitting on the floor..... this is where you can often find me at a wedding LOL.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:31 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
I know you set up the groom getting out of the limo pulling his jacket. Great idea. Good feeling of "let's get going. i'm a little late". and how come in your candid shots, all the players look beautiful? I'm going to work on that. Thanks for sharing.
LOL, nope, he just jumped out and I shot, was pleased with the result..... just wish he smiled a little.

As for the candids, I'm always waiting for that moment to capture the emotion, sometimes I can be there for a while for the expression to come, sometimes I will leave the shot and come back later for them. Usually you can tell that there is going to be something interesting. Like in Egyptian weddings there is a slide show of photos of the couple when they were children. This is always a time to get in place to see their faces as they watch the screen.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:44 AM   #9

Ok. OK. I got it.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:11 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Thanks for sharing those great shots Mark, they all look really beautiful!

BTW, if you haven't already seen his work, I'd like to show you the fantastic wedding photography of Marc Schwarz from Germany... I really love his style
Glad you enjoyed them. I tried to look at the link but currently I'm on my iPhone so can't see the flash content (silly Apple!!). I will check it our when I'm home.