Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:58 AM   #1

Default Is this street photography or what?

I was on a short trip to NY - only a few hours - and while resting for a couple of minutes, I wanted to take home with me a piece of the overwhelming feeling that this amazing city gives you when you visit it first time. I was really impressed of the street fashion and the busy people walking by and not paying attention of big cameras. I might say that it is really uncommon for Bucharest, the city I live in.
Please tell me if I did it right!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:23 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Looks like street photography to me

I have the same problem in Egypt, people here are not used to big cameras, especially as I have a nice white lens on the front which stands out somewhat LOL. Back in the UK it's not a major issue.

The 2nd and 3rd photos are very nice, the 3rd would have been much better half a second later so the wheel wasn't in the way.

As for the last shot..... what???? A sheep being taken for a walk!!!!! Shame she had her eyes closed (not the sheep).

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:46 AM   #3

Big white lens... was one of the reasons I haven't get it. Big DSLR is enough for people thinking you steal their soul by taking photos.
The bike in the 3rd was parked there so, there was no other option besides having other people passing by and ruining the shot.
The 4th is something else... The goat was in a perfect condition and the couple was very proud of it. But I had to take the photo fast because they were looking annoyed at me. I'm not that proud of her closed eyes either.
Thanks for the feedback and for looking at my pics!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:40 AM   #4

Hang on a min, they are taking their Goat for a walk and were getting annoyed at you for looking??? Crazy people! I must admit though, I had to take a second glance to see what was on the end of the lead though!

Last edited by Kenzie; Sep 5, 2010 at 5:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:49 AM   #5

I have seen people walking pigs as well.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:54 AM   #6

I really like the first two. I just don't "get" the third one. and the last one would be wonderful if the woman's eyes were open and the bridge's suspension lines weren't coming out of her head.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclune View Post
I really like the first two. I just don't "get" the third one.
Thanks! For an European is not that usual to see a man riding his scooter calmly in the middle of the road - people are not that relaxed especially in my country... that's why I took the picture to show it to my folks. As far as the last photo, I really hate woman's closed eyes and the bridge coming out from her head, too.
Did you take a photo of them walking the pig, Shoturtle? I would love to see it.
Kenzie, you know that people want some privacy when walking with their loved ones ...

Thanks for looking and for comments!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:06 PM   #8

Personally, I think you done well. I love the 4th shot most because the goat adds a very unique aspect to the image. I would have had to break one of my rules and followed them for a bit to set up for a better shot. Maybe them walking across the street or something interesting.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote