Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:27 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Pre Wedding Shoot - Nabil and Mervat

Yesterday I shoot the wedding of this lovely couple but due to my laptop being dead I'm stuck using my wife's which isn't as fast etc so I've not edited any of them up yet (actually they are still RAW files waiting for me to start corrections). However, here are some shots I took of the happy couple last week on their pre wedding location shoot. I've also included the poster that I made for them and the slideshow video which was played in the church prior to their arrival.

Shot with 5DmkII and 7D with mixture of 24-105mm f4, 85mm f1.8 and 70-200mm f2.8 L IS. Sorry the exif was ripped from these by my batch processing software.

I will just add that these were edited on my wife's laptop so I think the colours are a bit out on some as it's not calibrated and I had to rush to get these done in time with my laptop issues and needing to get the drives out of it (I had two copies but both on the internal drives and no 2.5" to USB adaptor)...... stressful times.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgYE6OwppHQ
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark1616; Sep 15, 2010 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Changed the video link due to a YouTube processing problem
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:32 AM   #2
Super Moderator

A couple more and the poster.
Attached Images

Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:28 PM   #3

Very nice pix in all...but number 1 really grabbed me. What a great idea. # 3 was also unusual...I've seen full pix of people jumping up....but never just the legs...cute idea...I would suggest cropping the 'anchor ' (?) out....but maybe it is there for some reason. Not sure.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:39 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Nice set Mark!

I really love the "iPhone photo" photo, such a commentary on modern life/relationships isn't it?

the jumping photo is creative too. but yea i dont get the significance of the rusty anchor either.

the first sunset shot i might brighten them up a tad.

the 2nd is good.

the first silhouette shot is nice.

but the 2nd silhouette shot is my favorite of the whole set. i love it, very tender moment, they will love that.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 4:49 PM   #5

Great set Mark.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:32 PM   #6
Super Moderator

You caught me guys, in my rush to produce their video slideshow (did anyone check it out btw) and also to put these up I didn't edit properly so totally my fault, slapped wrist etc.

Les, I saw the jump with the focus on the legs/feet on the training that I subscribe to so have used it a couple of times, it adds to a good normal shot or in this case with a lady who is a bit larger and wasn't great in the normal jump takes away from body form.

Dustin, I love that last shot too, I only found out that a kiss on the forehead is allowed in public here just prior to the shoot so decided to run with it.

As for the phone shot, again a pinched idea but from another forum. I realise that the photo on the phone is a slightly different angle so should have rotated first. I'm still happy for the initial try.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
...As for the phone shot, again a pinched idea but from another forum. I realise that the photo on the phone is a slightly different angle so should have rotated first. I'm still happy for the initial try.
Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I wonder how you got the picture on the phone. Did you use the iphone camera and then just display it? or did you take 2 (or more) and edit it onto where the display would be? I like the idea and am thinking about how to implement it best.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:25 PM   #8

lighting in 4 and 5 seem really harsh, whats your lighting?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:07 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I wonder how you got the picture on the phone. Did you use the iphone camera and then just display it? or did you take 2 (or more) and edit it onto where the display would be? I like the idea and am thinking about how to implement it best.
Hi Frank, it's the composite method which is why it could have been a bit better if I hadn't been rushing to get the slideshow done prior to the wedding. If you check out the youtube link in my first post then just after you see the photo with the iPhone, the next shot is the photo I took and placed on the iPhone. All I did was get the couple to leave their hands in the same place and then put my camera in there and shot so the angles were correct.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:42 AM   #10

Thanks. I'm gonna "pinch" that idea too. I know all my young nieces and nephews will go for this concept in a big way.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote